Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

franchise, supermacs/ mcdonalds etc

Options
  • 30-01-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

can anyone point me in the direction of who can advise on getting in one of these guys. do they rent premises/ franchise, or what's the business model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

digzy wrote: »
    can anyone point me in the direction of who can advise on getting in one of these guys. do they rent premises/ franchise, or what's the business model?

It's all outlined on their websites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Bandara wrote: »
    It's all outlined on their websites

believe it or not but i have done that already. there's only scant detail in the supermacs page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

You need about €2m working capital to even be considered for a McDonalds franchise no idea about supermacs. What kind of management experience have you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

You need about €2m working capital to even be considered for a McDonalds franchise no idea about supermacs. What kind of management experience have you got.

I believe that there are other restrictions as well with McDonalds such as size of population within catchment area. They tend to be very picky about their franchisees from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I believe that there are other restrictions as well with McDonalds such as size of population within catchment area. They tend to be very picky about their franchisees from what I've read.

There are a ton more condition down to how close other mcdonalds are etc. That is just the only one I could remember off hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Was talking to a Scottish guy recently who owned a Dominos franchise along with a number of Starbucks in Germany and a few other bits around the UK.
    He reckoned the Dominos business was a total cash cow..made a fortune from it....probably worth a gander.

Advertisement