Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF Tamron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Looks awful. 6.3 at the long end ?
    Tamron wrote:
    exciting sports action close-up

... on blazingly sunny days which is the only time you'll get usable shutter speeds.

It's more a series of overblown specifications looking for a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Looks are not everything, the F6.3 I had that on an old Sigma 150-500 and I never found it a great problem as it would be tripod/monopod mounted most of the time.

There are some impressive images on other forums coming from this lens and sub €1200 for a 600mm, it is tempting. I will probably hold out till there are some more reviews.
    I have a few quid to spend and I am struggling badly with the 100-400 reach wise on a project at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but it seems to be the only one about this lens.

Op, have you got the Tamron eventually? Interested to get your thoughts.

Advertisement