Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom and when is it false advertising ?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A lot of people, myself included are having trouble with eircom uncongested broadband and efibre. We suffer from "nightly slowdown" which can reduce a NGB 24mb line to 1-2mb or efibre 50mb to 2-4mb. This is a congestion issue happening at the exchange.
    Is there anything the customer can do ? Switching provider is not an option, for a lot of people eircom are the only show in town.
    Also their efibre maps are a lie, they have put 3 efibre cabinets in an area roughly 25 square miles and then declare the area fibre enabled, so 3 cabinets for 3 estates on a map with a couple dozen estates.
    Is there anything the consumer can do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What complaints have you made to eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I have emailed and a ticket was created but was told to call their support. So went that route, they then contacted the exchange. I have been in contact with the exchange since and need to speak to them again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You'll need to go through all the complaints procedure first, before escalating to Comreg

I think some people have gone that route already according to some threads here and elsewhere.
    What can people expect going through Comreg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

UPC removed their €3.75 non DD payment fee after a complaint to comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dudara wrote: »
    You'll need to go through all the complaints procedure first, before escalating to Comreg
    I have experience of Eircom marking complaints as resolved when they are not, happened twice in about a month when I was a Vodafone customer. I would give them a week at most to resolve or escalate the issue beyond their customer care area before contacting ComReg.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

stylie wrote: »
    I think some people have gone that route already according to some threads here and elsewhere.
    What can people expect going through Comreg ?

Every line is different,
    Just because one eircom customer goes through the route does not mean other's don't

Cabaal wrote: »
    Every line is different,
    Do you mean every customers line ?
    The "nightly slow" is not a problem between the customer and the exchange its a problem in the exchange where it goes from there. In my case the Churchfield exchange in Cork and then to Dublin.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Just because one eircom customer goes through the route does not mean other's don't

The double negative is throwing me, I dont understand the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

having the same issue myself with eircom
    was sold the NGB package had the technician out and he connected his meter into the phone line and it shows up on the screen thats in fact the broadband is congested.

have called customer care,emailed them and done everything but they insist my line is uncongested when they are wrong.

asked to cancel my contract they refused to do so for free and asked for 400euro cancellation fee.

will be contacting comreg tomorrow as i have been fighting my case with eircom since before christmas

Advertisement