Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build with Chrome

Options
  • 30-01-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

In case you haven't spotted it yet, Google released this beauty on Tuesday.

http://www.buildwithchrome.com/

All the details are up on Google's blogpost here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I cannot, for the life of me, get this to work. I've tried different browsers, updating all software but it keeps saying computer / browser not good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

sullivlo wrote: »
    I cannot, for the life of me, get this to work. I've tried different browsers, updating all software but it keeps saying computer / browser not good enough!

It seemed (for me) to be using some flash tech. Do you have flash installed, without any script blocking, etc?

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    It seemed (for me) to be using some flash tech. Do you have flash installed, without any script blocking, etc?

Paddy

I'm working on a MacBook with chrome. Everything is installed and up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You don't need to install flash. Even if it needed it, Chrome browser has this built in.

Great little web tool though...

Ok weird, works on my MacBook. Doesn't work on my iPad, and I could see flash getting loaded (I'm a techie & have monitoring tooling in my browser). Have run it up on windows machines too.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Works on my desktop Windows 8. It's a great little tool that I'll have many fun hours playing with! :-)

OK - this is weird, but this dawned on me this morning - do you have a Java Development Kit (JDK) on the machine?

In my house there are two Macs, mine which never had a problem with web sites and my wifes which used to have issues with several sites (oddly BMW car builder & MasterCard Verified) - eventually I got her to install a JDK and the problems disappeared - I'm assuming that the java packaging on the Mac has some content in the JDK that's in the JRE on other platforms and hence you need it for some sites. (This would be Mountain Lion or later - the earlier Mac OS versions had Java built-in).

I don't have access to a Mac without a JDK anymore - if you want to give it a try the installer is: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html (Accept the license and click on the Mac link)

Paddy

Thanks - will check that out this evening when I get home. Somehow I don't think work would be too impressed if I got it to work here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

if anybody builds anything cool, post them here so we all can have a look :)

I haven't had any time to play with it properly yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I only just heard about this the other day! What a great idea! Thought better add to this thread rather than start a new one, and maybe others missed it first time around too! Haven't had a chance to build anything yet but defo will soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement