Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner MTB lessons Ticknock

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello all,

I'm interested in getting into Mountain Biking and was looking at doing some beginner lessons with biking.ie in Ticknock. I've read a few people saying that Ticknock is not really a great beginner trail, but has anyone done these lessons? Any suggestions as to whether or not they're any good or where else to try?

I see that trackandtrail.ie, which was a popular alternative on here, is closed down so that's out of the question.

I'm also restricted in terms of where I can travel to as I don't have a car and I'm probably going to rent a bike/equipment for the first few times to see if I like it before I go buy anything. I'm a bmx rider (admittedly not a great one) so this would be completely new for me.

All advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Ballinastoe near Roundwood is your pretty much the only option for bike hire and guided lessons.. Having said that, I would say they do Ticknock as well, although probably on and one to one basis..

Sure give them a call?

Dublin (Ticknock) +353 (0)83 414 7627
    Email: info@biking.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rexsavage

Cheers, yeah I'll give them a shout. Just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions that I might have missed.

Thanks again pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I did a beginners session at Ballinastoe back in October and it was great. The terrain is very suitable for beginners. I did it with track and trail, but I'm sure biking.ie would be good also.

Cheers. Unfortunately track and trail shut down before the new year. Been in contact with biking.ie and they only do lessons in ballinastoe so now I need to figure how to get out there from Dublin on a Saturday morning.

rexsavage wrote: »
    Cheers. Unfortunately track and trail shut down before the new year. Been in contact with biking.ie and they only do lessons in ballinastoe so now I need to figure how to get out there from Dublin on a Saturday morning.

http://www.glendaloughbus.com/timetable.aspx

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Cheers, I was looking at this but unfortunately the lessons begin at 10am so the bus schedule doesn't suit.

Think the only way I can work it is to get the dart to Bray/Greystones and fork out for a taxi from there. I'll stay in that weekend to compensate the costs :D

Would be cheaper to buy a second hand bike and pedal out from Bray Dart station...

Sorry, been away for a bit only seeing this now. Genuine question, can you bring a mountain bike on the DART? I assume there'd be minimal issues on a Saturday.

Scratch this question, just took all of ten seconds and googled it. Can bring them all day Saturday and Sunday. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Advertisement