Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, can you please let me know if I can withdraw cash in Australia using my new blue BOI Visa debit card?

If so, am I restricted to certain ATM's?
    Is it the exchange rate on the day?
    What is the cost per withdrawl?

Cheers,
    FD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi kaisersoze,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

It is indeed possible to use your Visa Debit Card in Australia. It should be accepted anywhere you see the Visa symbol displayed and at Chip and Pin ATM's.  There are daily withdrawal limits which range between E100 to E250 per day depending on your specific location.

The exchange rate on a transaction is applied on the date of settlement. This is normally the same day of the transaction.  

For information on fees and charges while using your card abroad and indeed other helpful hints please see here. Also just to mention, a foreign bank may apply their own charges upon withdrawal which we have no control over.

It is advisable to call Bank of Ireland if you are travelling abroad so that a representative can place a note on your account of your travel plans. You can contact your branch or alternatively, if you are registered for 365, please call 0818 365 365/00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to do this for you.

We hope this helps and have a great trip in Australia.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Hi kaisersoze,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

It is indeed possible to use your Visa Debit Card in Australia. It should be accepted anywhere you see the Visa symbol displayed and at Chip and Pin ATM's.  There are daily withdrawal limits which range between E100 to E250 per day depending on your specific location.

The exchange rate on a transaction is applied on the date of settlement. This is normally the same day of the transaction.  

For information on fees and charges while using your card abroad and indeed other helpful hints please see here. Also just to mention, a foreign bank may apply their own charges upon withdrawal which we have no control over.

It is advisable to call Bank of Ireland if you are travelling abroad so that a representative can place a note on your account of your travel plans. You can contact your branch or alternatively, if you are registered for 365, please call 0818 365 365/00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to do this for you.

We hope this helps and have a great trip in Australia.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Thanks Elaine.

Advertisement