Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I go for?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering what I should get. Here’s the scenario:

- I have been off the fagaroonies for exactly a month today after having smoked for 8+ years;

- I feel healthier and happier and all that good stuff and never want to go back to smoking….the real thing;

- what I miss about them is: (a) the social side, when out with friends etc.; and (b) the 5 minute escape from my desk at work late in the evening, after having sat in the office for 10+ hours. The latter point is more important. I haven’t had a hectic January but next month is lining up to be a b*tch - may have to put in 18+ hour shifts and I’m worried that I will fold.

In preventative anticipation of the above, I would like to explore the possibility of buying one of these expensive vapour cigarettes.

I would like to go for the nicotine free variety but preferably, I guess I would enjoy something that is as close to say, a Marlboro light as possible.

Are these things any good? Are there any issues or risks with using them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

You're through the hard bit. Leave well enough alone is my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

This is the Vaping & E-smoking forum thewintermute, take your anti-vaping advice elsewhere.

In answer to your question Snatchy, there are a few starter kits out there...

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspirespin.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

These two would be my preference & if you enter 'boards' at checkout you get a 10% discount ;)

Alternately check out parttime's thread here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057135817

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

I think this is good advice...

but if you're determined to take up a habit again then the options above are good ones. Be warned tho, nothing is at all similar to Marlboro lights (or any cigarette), you become a pariah amongst smokers and since I vape at my desk I don't get that 10 minute break any more although a quick browse of this forum is almost as good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

MonstaMash wrote: »
    This is the Vaping & E-smoking forum thewintermute, take your anti-vaping advice elsewhere.

Bit harsh, MM.
    I vape myself, but I wouldn't recommend vaping to someone who has already stopped smoking.
    It's still a nicotine addiction. Dress it up as a hobby or whatever, but it's trading one nicotine delivery system for another (albeit less harmful one).

I myself stopped smoking for about three years, but found myself falling off the wagon on rare nights out. Starting vaping on the nights out to get past the cigarette and drink combo.
    I really like vaping, the flavours, the kit, the nicotine....
    I vape every day now though, which I see as a step backwards.

It's an opinion, on a forum, I don't think it all has to be pro-vaping.
    It is in the 'Giving Up Smoking' section after all.

Bit harsh, MM.
    I vape myself, but I wouldn't recommend vaping to someone who has already stopped smoking.
    It's still a nicotine addiction. Dress it up as a hobby or whatever, but it's trading one nicotine delivery system for another (albeit less harmful one).

I myself stopped smoking for about three years, but found myself falling off the wagon on rare nights out. Starting vaping on the nights out to get past the cigarette and drink combo.
    I really like vaping, the flavours, the kit, the nicotine....
    I vape every day now though, which I see as a step backwards.

It's an opinion, on a forum, I don't think it all has to be pro-vaping.
    It is in the 'Giving Up Smoking' section after all.
    Fair enough, I recant my previous hostile blatherings ;):D

Advertisement