Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

external box wiring

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Trying to replace my original bell box but ran into trouble. When I took the old box down there were only 4 wires going into it. Two for strobe and two for bell. The panel is an aritech cs350 and the sabb is a hkc one. Looking at the diagram I should have 6 wires. Will it still function if there is no sab hold (bho) and tamper return?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

pissed wrote: »
    Trying to replace my original bell box but ran into trouble. When I took the old box down there were only 4 wires going into it. Two for strobe and two for bell. The panel is an aritech cs350 and the sabb is a hkc one. Looking at the diagram I should have 6 wires. Will it still function if there is no sab hold (bho) and tamper return?

Thanks in advance

Ok its not ideal but in order to get yourself a functioning bell box then what you do is.

Connect your + 12v supply to the + terminal and then loop a cable from + to strobe +.
    Connect your - 12v supply to the bho input.
    Connect another core to the strobe -.
    Then connect your last core to main -.

Now you have functioning l.e.d.s, strobe and siren. Obviously it will not conform with standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for the reply. I ended up running a new cable from the panel to the sabb. All sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

pissed wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up running a new cable from the panel to the sabb. All sorted now.

That was the best thing to do.

Advertisement