Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silver or Space grey iPhone 5s??

• 30-01-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have decided to jump from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5s but I don't know what colour to go for ? It will either be the silver or space grey. I already have the black one so was thinking of going for the silver as a change but then my mam said it would look tacky. What do you think black or white? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I have the white and love it but it's down to the person themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

white/silver doesn't look tacky. if it was my choice i'd be going for white/gold or space grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

iOS 7 is so bright that it almost looks designed for White iPhones. I went for black all the way up to this one but I've switched to white. No regrets.

iOS 7's design language is set so that it can be either white or black.

If you have a space grey iPhone, the start up screen is a white apple on a black background.
    If you have a silver/gold iPhone, the start up screen is a black apple on a white background.

Developers have the ability to change keyboard styles too from light to dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iOS 7's design language is set so that it can be either white or black.

If you have a space grey iPhone, the start up screen is a white apple on a black background.
    If you have a silver/gold iPhone, the start up screen is a black apple on a white background.

Developers have the ability to change keyboard styles too from light to dark.

The start up screen is pretty much irrelevant as we rarely see that.

Keyboard definitely makes a difference and in one of the 7.1 beta's Apple allowed the ability to always use dark keyboard but they removed in beta 2.

Would definitely agree with Zcott here. Even they way Apple marketed iOS 7 on their website (and on the keynote presentation iirc?) almost all of the images of iOS 7 are shown on white iDevices. Look here - http://www.apple.com/ios/design/

It looks a lot better on the white devices, imo. I had a black 5 and changed to white for the 5s & it definitely made iOS 7 a lot more visually appealing to me.

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The start up screen is pretty much irrelevant as we rarely see that.

Keyboard definitely makes a difference and in one of the 7.1 beta's Apple allowed the ability to always use dark keyboard but they removed in beta 2.

Would definitely agree with Zcott here. Even they way Apple marketed iOS 7 on their website (and on the keynote presentation iirc?) almost all of the images of iOS 7 are shown on white iDevices. Look here - http://www.apple.com/ios/design/

It looks a lot better on the white devices, imo. I had a black 5 and changed to white for the 5s & it definitely made iOS 7 a lot more visually appealing to me.

I see the start up screen as iOS 7 crashes every bloody day on my iPad mini.

It does look better on white I have to say. The option for the black keyboard I think was an indication that they may have the option to turn the UI a tint of black. Time will tell I guess.

I'm well aware of iOS 7's design docs. I read it everyday. It's the day job :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I see the start up screen as iOS 7 crashes every bloody day on my iPad mini.

It does look better on white I have to say. The option for the black keyboard I think was an indication that they may have the option to turn the UI a tint of black. Time will tell I guess.

I'm well aware of iOS 7's design docs. I read it everyday. It's the day job :pac:

What's your job?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    What's your job?

iOS developer but I dabble in UX and UI too naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭comfortseeker

iOS developer but I dabble in UX and UI too naturally.

I'm impressed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I initially got the space grey but I now have the silver as I didn't like how iOS 7 looked with the black bezel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭comfortseeker

mad muffin wrote: »
    I initially got the space grey but I now have the silver as I didn't like how iOS 7 looked with the black bezel.

Went with the silver one in the end for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Went with the silver one in the end for a change!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Good choice :-)

Advertisement