Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for Architectral work

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

It's been a long time coming but I really need to leave the country as I've been unemployed longer than I have been employed in the last 4 years.

I don't want to give up on Architecture (I'm a Architectural Technologist) it's something I enjoy and I'd like to focus on BIM (I have some good Revit experience).

I've considered Australia but have gone of the idea. New Zealand interested me for awhile last year but lately I've been thinking maybe Canada if I were successful getting a visa.

I'm bilingual with English and Dutch although my Dutch has suffered a lot the last few years because of a lack of speaking it. Ultimately I can see myself heading back there at some point but for now I think I need to experience living some place else before I regret not doing. I simply just don't know where to go or how to decide on somewhere, I also really don't know how to find out about work prospects in different countries other than trawling google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Why not the somewhere in the UK?
    London is booming at the moment - and this is spreading to other areas/cities too.

I came here over to London two years ago, and it was the best decision. I'm just sorry that I didn't make the move years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've always kinda felt that I might as well go to Holland (instead of the UK) as it's as easy to get home/back to Ireland as London except I already have friends there and know how the place works etc. I've only ever spent a few days in London and didn't really like it as much as I liked Berlin, not sure why. Heard it's very expensive there to? There's a few guys from college over there who all seem to be getting on quite well.

Advertisement