Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Vlookup

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I have set up Vlookup which finds location of product and also Best Before date,
    I have 1 excel sheet (total product list) with all product locations, (there can be several locations for product some with same BBD and some with different BBD.
    When I input the order into the 2nd excel sheet I need which takes information from 1st Excel sheet, it gives Product by BBD first which is great but only 1 location, but 40% of the order requires more than 1 location due to the volume.
    Is it possible for Vlookup to show more locations

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

try defining your lookup range, this should work
    Define by highlighting and clicking the down arrow to the extreme left in the formula bar and then giving it a name

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

can you upload an example of the 2 sheets and I can get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Anyone know a good tutor for v look up in Leinster area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

If I am reading the post correctly; insert a new column, concatenate the product number and and various BBDs into that, so you will have product A1 (with BBDs of 010117 and 010217) followed by the BBD in 1 cell : A1010117 followed by A1010217, and hopefully you can sort by this column (product+BBD) with the various locations showing beside it

• Advertisement
Advertisement