Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark Road closure

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

DLRCOCO have given notification that the roadworks in Castlepark road are to be extended, which will require the entire road to be closed to through traffic.

Additionally, Breffni Road is to be closed between castlepark road and Harbour Road.

So far it's taken three months to do 100 metres, so I expect these closures to last for the next two years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It's been very slow going alright, hopefully they'll pick up the pace. What exactly are they doing? Is it just resurfacing or putting in utilities/piping?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

They are replacing the water mains, cannot believe how long it has taken

As far as I know this is the 2nd extension, maybe the 3rd.

Agreed, I dread to think how long this is going to take to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Latest I heard was until early March, does seem a bit mad considering Glenageary Road had its watermain replaced and the road rebuilt in much less time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Is it true that the 7D and 59 have been diverted and are not going through Sandycove and Glasthule during this?

Will miss the 7 D :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is it true that the 7D and 59 have been diverted and are not going through Sandycove and Glasthule during this?

Will miss the 7 D :(

That's correct, but apparently it has been put back a week. The 59 and 7d are going via glenageary road.

• Advertisement

Glenageary road is no good to me really as I live off Breffni Terrace :( Looks like a walk to DL for the 46a.

Thanks for the info!

Glenageary road is no good to me really as I live off Breffni Terrace :( Looks like a walk to DL for the 46a.

Thanks for the info!

Or in to Dalkey to get the 7d from outside the post office?

Dublin bus tweeted this morning that the diversion will commence this Monday.

Castlepark road will be finished and opened before Breffni Road is closed, so the 59 and 7d will be diverted via Barnhill Road and Castlepark Road.

Thanks Fred, so I think the stop at Breffni Terrace might actually be ok?

It looks like it, although they haven't finished castlepark road yet! I spoke to the driver of the 59 this evening and they haven't been told yet, he couldn't understand why they don't use Hyde Park Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement