Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value for money buying cat food online

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Slightly off topic but since it is a food thread I thought I'd mention Royal Canin Calm. It was recommended to me as we've been having a lot of aggression and friction between 2 of our cats and have been using Zylkene pills and Feliway, but neither worked. The food works brilliantly, so far. Felix and Toby were both sitting on the door mat only about a foot apart last night, with no growling or howling at all.

They're able to walk past each other without as much nervousness and no howling. They both seem much more relaxed in themselves and around each other and they've only been on it since Thursday. I think it works better than Zylkene, even though it's got similar properties to Zylkene, because they're nibbling it throughout the day, as opposed to getting the Zylkene in their wet food at breakfast then not getting more til breakfast the next day.

Anyone having a problem with stressed out or aggressive cats, I'd really recommend trying this food, they also do a version for dogs. We bought ours from Amazon but Zooplus.uk have it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

My only issue is Bertie going from being ill and lethargic to having periods of being extremely frisky, chasing his mum and climbing all the furniture.

He does look far brighter and happier though!

I think I'll go the Applaws trial pack and cosma too!

Does zooplus.co.uk not accept Parcel Motel? It rejected the post code when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kattra

I get most of my petfood from zooplus.de and my saving plan now amounts to whooping 110 Euro in savings.

If you are bulk ordering from zooplus.de and get over the magical 100 Euro you pay no shipping fee....and can use a voucher which gives you an additionel 3% off your order. Vouchercode is: SAMMELBESTELLER

Oh, and they have a special offer on a lot of tins at the moment...lasts until 27.02.2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My very fancy cats are having chicken with caviar for dinner today! So far they aren't fussed about the all tuna food and they love the various chicken ones, except they ate around the egg in yesterday's chicken and quail egg dinner! I'm already delighted, cream is actually eating a full bowl of food several times a day rather than licking the jelly off whiskas and leaving the rest. It's meaning a lot less whinging and begging for food because he's actually full! Next task will be teaching my dad not to just give them big handfuls of the dry food..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

! Next task will be teaching my dad not to just give them big handfuls of the dry food..!

That is a challenge alright! Bon chance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:eek:When did Zooplus Uk start charging over 7 pounds for delivery?

I found a solution to stop my dad giving big handfuls of applaws to the cats, I emailed the company and they sent me out a free measuring cup :)

I have to say even though they aren't completely over to these foods yet the difference is immense. There's no more whinging and begging in the evenings because they are actually full, plus I can eat my dinner in peace! Their coats are already looking very shiny and tear stains are starting to clear up. Plus they have way more energy. Like peach is officially the laziest cat in the world but since starting mixing in better quality foods she is up and playing around in the evenings. She is also looking a bit trimmer :) so now I just need to get more money together and put in our first full order! :)

So I got the full order and had been feeding it for the last 2 days having gradually moved from whiskas and royal canin to cosma and applaws, they get a half tin of cosma each morning and evening, and 25g applaws each afternoon and night. Peach is now after projectile vomiting everywhere though even though I fed her using the slow feeder bowl and she didn't get any of her brothers :( I think I might cut down on the cosma, it might be a bit much for her sensitive tum. Maybe one tin split in 3 instead of a half tin each might suit better. They certainly aren't constantly hungry anymore though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Aww, poor peach.
    Jake does the same, but it's not eating too fast, he's the slowest cat I know. Just happens sometimes, I do find little and often suits him best. He lost weight and looks shinier on the applaws, but he loves the bozita best. I get the gravy ones, and one feeds all three easily, in winter I leave it down in evening and it's gone by morning, but summertime, I feed half a carton in morning and half at night, so it's fresher, then just leave the dry down all day.

Advertisement