Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom to Vodafone

Options
  • 30-01-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Very soon I am planning to move from Eircom to Vodafone (phone plus broadband).  I will be keeping my number and VF said they will handle everything which should take a day or two.

However, before I do this, do I need to give Eircom 30 days notice in writing and to who exactly do I send this letter to. I am out of contract (been with Eircom 20 years +)

thaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Flaccus wrote: »
    Very soon I am planning to move from Eircom to Vodafone (phone plus broadband).  I will be keeping my number and VF said they will handle everything which should take a day or two.

However, before I do this, do I need to give Eircom 30 days notice in writing and to who exactly do I send this letter to. I am out of contract (been with Eircom 20 years +)

thaks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Flaccus

A call is firstly required to the cancellations team and depending on your account status they will advise you of where to send the written confirmation.

Cancellations are contactable on free phone 1901 and after entering your landline number please choose options 4 then 3.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thank  you for the quick reply.

By the way,  if I gave notice tomorrow to Eircom following the proper procedure you outlined, do I then have to wait 30 days and wait for my final bill before asking another provider to change me over ?  Or can I change over once I have given notice to Eircom ?  I assume they would then issue a final bill.

thanks

Originally posted by eircom: Alan

thaks

Hi Flaccus

A call is firstly required to the cancellations team and depending on your account status they will advise you of where to send the written confirmation.

Cancellations are contactable on free phone 1901 and after entering your landline number please choose options 4 then 3.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭killer kilbane

By the way,  if I gave notice tomorrow to Eircom following the proper procedure you outlined, do I then have to wait 30 days and wait for my final bill before asking another provider to change me over ?  Or can I change over once I have given notice to Eircom ?  I assume they would then issue a final bill.

thanks

thaks

Hi Flaccus

Thanks

Al
    Be prepared for eircom to lie and screw you over before you leave .. read your t&c thoroughly because the change without proper notification...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭killer kilbane

thanks

thaks

Hi Flaccus

Thanks

Al
    Be prepared for eircom to lie and screw you over before you leave .. read your t&c thoroughly because the change without proper notification...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

thanks

thaks

Hi Flaccus

Thanks

Al
    Have read the t&c.......really 2  things I need to know.

1. I give 30 days notice, but do I have to wait 30 days before moving to another provider.

2. I assume after the 30 days or near to, a final bill is issued.  Now right now I am on a package where I get discounted broadband, 30 minutes of mobile calls and unlimited local calls.  Does anything change during the 30 days notice period...i.e. will I still be entitled to my 30 minutes of mobile calls, still have unlimited downloads during those 30 days.  Just asking in case eircom would suspend everything after notice is given and charge at full rate which would result in a higher then expected bill.

I guess I can ring the cancellation team and ask them

• Advertisement
Advertisement