Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belcarra, Co. Mayo - 8k race, April 6th, 2014 @ 12pm.

Options
  • 30-01-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Facebook link for updates
    Course Profile

Hi all,

No, I'm not sponsoring my own personal race! My local village in Mayo are pleased to announce the 3rd hosting of their 8k race on April 6th at 12pm.
    This is a flat course with only a slight hill around the halfway mark. Definite PB material. Great bit of food afterwards also so well worth a trip!
    See y'all there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

belcarra wrote: »
    Facebook link for updates
    Course Profile

Hi all,

No, I'm not sponsoring my own personal race! My local village in Mayo are pleased to announce the 3rd hosting of their 8k race on April 6th at 12pm.
    This is a flat course with only a slight hill around the halfway mark. Definite PB material. Great bit of food afterwards also so well worth a trip!
    See y'all there!

is the village named after you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

PaulieC wrote: »
    is the village named after you ?

It's kinda like how Stalingrad came about...unfortunately not many locals remain now though!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

does ryan air fly there...

You could fly into Knock and run across from there Anto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

if u start it at 2:30pm ,i mite make it from maams cross..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Is Belcarra between Robeen/ Hollymount and Castlebar ? This race might suit me , will fit in with half marathon training .

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Is Belcarra between Robeen/ Hollymount and Castlebar ? This race might suit me , will fit in with half marathon training .

Technically you are correct. However it's much nearer Castlebar (6 miles away). Not sure where you are coming from but if you look at the Course Profile in the opening post then you should be able to locate it easily.

Just giving this a quick bump. Race is on Sunday week. Weather promised to be excellent!;) PB course for sure. Well hopefully for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭runsir

Doing this as I'll be home, tune up for Boston...over to MacHale park then after for Mayo vs Derry at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I intend to do this in the hope of finally meeting the man after whom the village is named.. Is it hard to get an audience?

Joking aside, what time would you have in mind? I'd be hoping for about 32 or slightly better so maybe we'd be on a similar pace.

Prob plan for McHale park afterwards as well.

• Advertisement

snailsong wrote: »
    I intend to do this in the hope of finally meeting the man after whom the village is named.. Is it hard to get an audience?

Joking aside, what time would you have in mind? I'd be hoping for about 32 or slightly better so maybe we'd be on a similar pace.

Prob plan for McHale park afterwards as well.

I have a long run to do on Friday so not sure how that will leave me for the race on Sunday but will start out aiming for about 33mins I reckon. I think 32 may just be a bit too fast for me yet with the marathon training.

It'd be good to meet you on the day Snailsong & Runsir although the trip to McHale Park will have to be rainchecked as a speedy return to Dublin beckons.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

belcarra wrote: »
    I have a long run to do on Friday so not sure how that will leave me for the race on Sunday but will start out aiming for about 33mins I reckon. I think 32 may just be a bit too fast for me yet with the marathon training.

It'd be good to meet you on the day Snailsong & Runsir although the trip to McHale Park will have to be rainchecked as a speedy return to Dublin beckons.:cool:

Should be doing a 17 miler myself on Saturday. I'm following P&D plan for the Limerick marathon. We'll see what we're fit for on Sunday.

Advertisement