Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watch skygo on HDTV from imac wirelessly!

• 30-01-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

My freind has an imac in his home office connected to his broadband router. He also has an apple TV and an eircom router. He watches skygo on his imac but currently can't watch skygo on the apple tv connected to the TV in the bedroom. Is there anyway he can wirelessly send the hdmi signal from the imac (using a display port to hdmi adaptor obviously) to the TV in the bedroom (with or without help from the apple TV)? Is he going to have problems with sound? I did suggest maybe just picking up a second hand laptop with hdmi out or even a raspberry pi or similar headless device and running that into the tv directly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Should be able to mirror his iMac desktop to the apple tv via airplay.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Should be able to mirror his iMac desktop to the apple tv via airplay.

Sky block their apps from being shown on TVs. OP would need to see if jailbreaking would allow it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sky block their apps from being shown on TVs. OP would need to see if jailbreaking would allow it to work.

You're right there. He was able to get audio to work when streaming from the iphone 5. It's a work phone so I think jailbreaking might be out of the question. I don't know much about the apple TV having never owned one. Does this not have apps on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Skygo doesn't work on a jailbreak iphone/iPad.

Advertisement