Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting a lower bid on a house

Options
  • 30-01-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a very quick question. I am currently bidding on a house and the people selling are accepting a lower bid. The house is being sold through an auctioneer. It just popped into my head and I said I'd ask here, is there any rules that govern the sale of a property or item through an auctioneer, as in, can they accept a lower bid. There probably isn't but I just said I'd ask.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

of course not, i'm assuming the other buyers are cash buyers and ready to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

thought that, was just curious if there was...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lin_Q

Hey Styer, I was in the same situation as you last October...a lower offer made by a cash buyer was accepted by the house owner even though I made an offer 6k higher...I consider this as a bad luck:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The buyer could be a cash buyer,
    or relative,
    or person known to the seller.
    Theres no law that says he must accept the highest bid.

Advertisement