Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit issues

Options
  • 30-01-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Wondering if anyone can offer any advice or have been in the same situation.
    I set up a monthly direct debit to pay our bin charges back in October. All the details I sent Oxigen were correct. The first month wasn't collected due to some error on their behalf or so they say. I sorted it, or so I thought. It's now almost time for the February payment and despite numerous calls they have failed to take a payment since November. Their latest excuse is human error.
    The whole reason I signed up for DD was because I didn't want to pay lump sums but now they are demanding payment for three months despite them having my details on the DD mandate form.
    Anyone have the same problem with them? Any advice? I'm sick to my back teeth being on the phone to them trying to sort it out only for them to f*ck it up again.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi folks,
    Wondering if anyone can offer any advice or have been in the same situation.
    I set up a monthly direct debit to pay our bin charges back in October. All the details I sent Oxigen were correct. The first month wasn't collected due to some error on their behalf or so they say. I sorted it, or so I thought. It's now almost time for the February payment and despite numerous calls they have failed to take a payment since November. Their latest excuse is human error.
    The whole reason I signed up for DD was because I didn't want to pay lump sums but now they are demanding payment for three months despite them having my details on the DD mandate form.
    Anyone have the same problem with them? Any advice? I'm sick to my back teeth being on the phone to them trying to sort it out only for them to f*ck it up again.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cancel the Direct Debit and pay them monthly in the post office or by online banking? Make sure they don't charge more for this as it is their incompetence and inability to follow the DD rules which has forced you to stop paying by DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

To be honest I think I'm going to switch provider all together. I'm just so annoyed about their inability to sort this problem. Hands up, I should have been keeping a closer eye on my bank statements and should have realised it hadn't come out but they're the only company that I deal with that don't seem to have their house in order. I'm mad now that they are looking for four months up front too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

You've done nothing wrong here, you agreed to have your account charged once per month, not at their convenience in bulk. Have you broached the subject of spreading the missed payments over the course of a few months? Considering that this is their mistake I'd have thought they'd try to accommodate you in some way, particularly if you are thinking of cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

That's what I thought. I proposed paying the cost of arrears for the remaining months of the year and they were having none of it. Considering I'm in arrears because of their ineptness you'd think they'd go for it but they were having none of it. I've contacted the Irish Payment Services Organisation and they're going to look in to it for me.
    My childminder had similar issues with them and left. I'm considering contacting the local media about it.

Advertisement