Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps frozen while updating

• 30-01-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I updated my apps (about 17 in total that had to be updated) last night as I was going to bed. This morning when I woke up, 5 of them were stuck on "waiting" and they're still like that now. When I tap them nothing happens. I can't even delete and reinstall because when I hold them down, the "x" icon doesn't appear on them, even though it appears on all the other apps around them. Any ideas?

Using iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Happened me recently with a Youtube update on both iPad and iPhone that left the app dimmed and unusable. I connected each device to iTunes on my Mac and deleted the app from there and ultimately reinstalled it from the App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

tallpaul wrote: »
    Happened me recently with a Youtube update on both iPad and iPhone that left the app dimmed and unusable. I connected each device to iTunes on my Mac and deleted the app from there and ultimately reinstalled it from the App Store.

I'll try connecting it to iTunes later. One of the apps that's frozen is Candy Crush...I'm on level 426...I don't want to lose it :o /sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've had this happen before. I'm fairly sure if you go into the app store, go to updates and click the stop button beside the app update, it should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

BDJW wrote: »
    I've had this happen before. I'm fairly sure if you go into the app store, go to updates and click the stop button beside the app update, it should be fine

When I went into the app store, there were no apps showing as waiting to be updated.

However I turned the phone off and on again, and this time when I went into the app store, the apps were there on the updates tab and I was able to stop them :) Cheers! I'll try updating them again later when I get home.

Advertisement