Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre in Tramore, Co. Waterford

Options
  • 30-01-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,505 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, could we get some sort of definite information about fibre broadband in Tramore? I was told recently it would be March, and it also says March on the information map, but now I am hearing that it will be December 2014.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

looksee wrote: »
    Hi, could we get some sort of definite information about fibre broadband in Tramore? I was told recently it would be March, and it also says March on the information map, but now I am hearing that it will be December 2014.
    Some reports of new cabs being installed in Tramore in this thread. Sounds like good news if your living in Tramore.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919149&page=88

• Registered Users Posts: 28,505 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But as is suggested in the tech thread, just because the cabinets are there doesn't mean they will be instantly operational :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,505 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Very poor broadband speeds in Tramore lately which I have heard attributed to a fault with one of the pillars (by knockenduff I think) that Eircom are just not going to bother repairing until they began work on the fibre. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, could we get some sort of definite information about fibre broadband in Tramore? I was told recently it would be March, and it also says March on the information map, but now I am hearing that it will be December 2014.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi Looksee
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I've double checked this and I can confirm that efibre should be coming to Tramore by mid March. Not all areas in Tramore will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year but the cabinets done by arch will be going live then. I will not be able to offer an indication on specific areas, line or cabinets until efibre has lauched in Tramore.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Advertisement

Mid-September??? Your site shows March!

robocode wrote: »
    Mid-September??? Your site shows March!
    Hi robocode

Thanks for that - my error

edited there

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

I live in Somerville and there have been eircom workers installing a fibre box at the entrance to the estate. So hopefully not too far away. Fingers crossed.

The problem is that a lot of people that have received the efibre upgrade are reporting terrible speeds. Just have a look at this thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume you don't have an estimated date rather than mid March?!

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I assume you don't have an estimated date rather than mid March?!

Hi Sully

Unfortunately not but If you would like to PM me your landline number or address I'll check plans for your specific area.

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Sully

Unfortunately not but If you would like to PM me your landline number or address I'll check plans for your specific area.

Thanks

Al

Done

Hi Sully

Thanks

Al

Done
    Hey Sully

Just got back to you with another question by PM :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Any chance in an update on when the efibre is coming to tramore? Internet has been dreadful recently.

Any chance in an update on when the efibre is coming to tramore? Internet has been dreadful recently.
    Hi IIIAcHmEdIII

There are a few delays and I don't have a date for launch yet, I'm trying to find out more information today so I will let you know any further information on this as soon as I get something.

Thanks

Al

How accurate is the line speed checker on the website? While it's showing that fibre isn't available on my line until March, I asked it to confirm the max speed which it says was 12mb. Is that speed check NGB or NGA? I'm getting 12mb on the NGB connection so I would expect fibre to give me a boost and not keep me at the same speed!

How accurate is the line speed checker on the website? While it's showing that fibre isn't available on my line until March, I asked it to confirm the max speed which it says was 12mb. Is that speed check NGB or NGA? I'm getting 12mb on the NGB connection so I would expect fibre to give me a boost and not keep me at the same speed!
    Hi Sully

That speed result was deffinately for NGB and not efibre.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eamobill

Efibre has been out back time after time in Tramore. Can you please update details ASAP. Surely it will be up the estates on ring road. Ye will hardly just roll it out in Somerville and bottom of town? I signed up for a new contract based on efibres arrival which was supposed to last year

eamobill wrote: »
    Efibre has been out back time after time in Tramore. Can you please update details ASAP. Surely it will be up the estates on ring road. Ye will hardly just roll it out in Somerville and bottom of town? I signed up for a new contract based on efibres arrival which was supposed to last year
    Hi eamobill

I'll update this thread as soon as I have this information

Thanks
    Al

I also want a launch date for the fibre in Somerville. I'm so sick of crappy Internet. Any accurate info at this stage would be great. No referrals to the eircom efibre map checker please. Launch date please.

• Advertisement

I also want a launch date for the fibre in Somerville. I'm so sick of crappy Internet. Any accurate info at this stage would be great. No referrals to the eircom efibre map checker please. Launch date please.

Shazer01 wrote: »
    Hi Shazer01

I can appreciate that efibre will offer a big improvement however we do not have a lauch date yet. As soon as I have this information I will post it to this thread right away.

Al

Customer care on the phone are giving mixed information with some saying December and a delay due to exchange issues in Waterford! Whose information is accurate is the question and how such varying information can come around is bizarre!:)

Customer care on the phone are giving mixed information with some saying December and a delay due to exchange issues in Waterford! Whose information is accurate is the question and how such varying information can come around is bizarre!:)
    Hi Sully

All information available to me gives no mention of this December delay. If there are any delays I'll let you know here.

Al

Hi Sully

All information available to me gives no mention of this December delay. If there are any delays I'll let you know here.

Al

I assume your info says March though? Only a few days till we are in April, are eircom trying to tease us?:p

Thanks for your help!

Hi Sully

Al

I assume your info says March though? Only a few days till we are in April, are eircom trying to tease us?:p

Thanks for your help!
    Hi Sully

I can see how it would look that way but I'm still being informed it's March.

I'll let you know of any updates I receive

Thanks
    Al

Last day off March. No sign of it becoming active. Ah well. Got my hopes up only to get dashed again.

Last day off March. No sign of it becoming active. Ah well. Got my hopes up only to get dashed again.

Shazer01 wrote: »

Hi Shazer01

I'm currently awaiting more information from efibre operations on this. Apologies for the inconvenience caused but as soon as I have more information I'll update this thread right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

The clock is ticking,have a feeling the old Eircom Fibre Map will be updated by the end of the day. 

Advertisement