Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Leeson Street?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Part of Leeson street seems to be blocked off with fire brigade and cops there. Anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

apparently a bad accident... one chap on twitter says road will be closed for the night not sure how true that is though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Saw some poor chap on a stretcher being lifted into an ambulance when I passed. Fire crew and Gardai were on scene too. Only saw one car stopped and didn't see any crash damage, which would suggest a pedestrian or cyclist.. don't know for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

Road is closed for a technical examination, the independent have a story about it here http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/young-man-seriously-injured-after-being-struck-by-car-in-dublin-city-centre-29965554.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Poor bloke, I hope he makes a full recovery.

I was on Leeson St Bridge (on foot) at about 6:20pm (having come down Adelaide Road), there were squad cars and motorbikes preventing anyone going near the yellow box junction on the bridge, they were preserving it for an exam. It was absolute bedlam, cars coming down the canal from Rathmines were being diverted left and then right (continuing down the canal on Wilton Terrace). Cars weren't being let turn down Adelaide Road from Earlsfort Terrace, nor turn left from Fitzwilliam St onto Leeson St, and cars coming out of town on Leeson St were being diverted down Fitzwilliam St.

Advertisement