Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Apprenticeship

Options
  • 30-01-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,can anyone tell me what month Aer Lingus or Ryanair advertise for Aircraft Engineering apprenticeships ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

I'm not sure about ryanair but Aer Lingus run them around May

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

It's now on their website and advertisements will be in the independent this weekend.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

A320 wrote: »

Just looked at that careers site....quite few openings. It struck me as odd that EI are using the US month/day dating set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tenger wrote: »
    Just looked at that careers site....quite few openings. It struck me as odd that EI are using the US month/day dating set up.

Including one that matches what I do now to some extent... pity there isn't even a vague indication of salary though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

MYOB wrote: »
    Including one that matches what I do now to some extent... pity there isn't even a vague indication of salary though!

My thoughts exactly, heard a rumour for the 4 years, it starts from €230 year 1 and rises to €650 for the final year, not too sure how reliable it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

billie1b wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, heard a rumour for the 4 years, it starts from €230 year 1 and rises to €650 for the final year, not too sure how reliable it is though

Was the IT vendor management role I saw there which would be a direct entry position; no money mentioned means it could be a massive waste of time or the best career move out there depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 redeye101

billie1b wrote: »

Salary is the same as and electrical apprenticeship as far as I know. Rates are as follows:

Phase 2 - €242.58
    Phase 4 - €363.87
    Phase 6- €525.72
    4th year - €647.01

These rates are for off the job training (college phases). Phase 2 rates will be the near enough 1st year rate, Phase 4 for 2nd/3rd year etc. dependent on your progression through your apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

redeye101 wrote: »
    Salary is the same as and electrical apprenticeship as far as I know. Rates are as follows:

Phase 2 - €242.58
    Phase 4 - €363.87
    Phase 6- €525.72
    4th year - €647.01

These rates are for off the job training (college phases). Phase 2 rates will be the near enough 1st year rate, Phase 4 for 2nd/3rd year etc. dependent on your progression through your apprenticeship.

There will be tax on these rates btw. Also, with the new system the 4th year will not apply as off the job finishes at phase 6. On the job wages 230,310 360 in third year

airmech wrote: »
    There will be tax on these rates btw. Also, with the new system the 4th year will not apply as off the job finishes at phase 6. On the job wages 230,310 360 in third year

Is the salary really that low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Is the salary really that low?

Yes, you should clear 400 in 4th year. Even when qualified it is not a highly paid job, a car mechanic will make alot more. You need to be in it for the love of planes.

airmech wrote: »
    Yes, you should clear 400 in 4th year. Even when qualified it is not a highly paid job, a car mechanic will make alot more. You need to be in it for the love of planes.

Iv heard of guys moving to Dubai and earning 3k a month. I thought Irish companies would at least pay about 2.5k a month. Not a great job to be getting into if I'm planning on becoming a pilot then.

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Iv heard of guys moving to Dubai and earning 3k a month. I thought Irish companies would at least pay about 2.5k a month. Not a great job to be getting into if I'm planning on becoming a pilot then.

I know lads who are rated on the 737-800 and work in Dublin, they clear €4000pm with Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Folks this is an apprenticeship , not a job until training over, but
    After training it is a first class career with good pay and
    Realistic worldwide opportunities, I believe year one is classroom based in Shannon ,

Got the acceptance e-mail for the on-line assesments this morning

Advertisement