Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts not showing

Options
  • 30-01-2014 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Posts are appearing and disappearing on the desktop site. I click into the thread using the latest post button but it brings me to hours before, posts I've already read and shows nothing after, I refresh and its back to normal and the new posts appear

The new post counter is all over the place shooting from 3-4 ot whatever to 18, always 18 for some reason

When I click the followed threads it shows me old threads that have been read, as unread, when I refresh they disappear and it's back to normal

Using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.102 m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Getting alot of 404s now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The new post counter is all over the place shooting from 3-4 ot whatever to 18, always 18 for some reason
    I get 16! I think that's how many unread I had when I signed in for this session.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Esel wrote: »
    I get 16! I think that's how many unread I had when I signed in for this session.

Yeah sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Sorry guys, this was related to an issue we were having with bringing in a new database slave machine. See here for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I seem to be having an ongoing issue with one thread in particular on the Touch Site if you wouldn't mind taking a look when you get a chance -

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

I've tried clearing my cache numerous times, cleared cookies, etc, but it always seems to happen when I pick up from where I left off, I can read to the bottom of that particular page, but I can't see any pages after it, even though I know there are more posts.

Edit: The issue appears to randomly "fix" itself when I go into the thread maybe an hour or so later.

• Advertisement

I can reproduce this bug here Czarcasm, getting right on it.

I can reproduce this bug here Czarcasm, getting right on it.

Hi Alvis,

I took some screenshots this time, and from the screenshots you can see at exactly the same time when all I can see is the last post on page 169 made 7 hours earlier; in the "My Threads" tab you can see the last post was made 12 minutes earlier.

7PuwWt.jpg

4MbdBG.jpg

Did the usual again like clearing cache, cookies, re-starting the phone, was trying that all evening and no joy, then about ten minutes after I got those screenshots, another post had been posted, I clicked on the thread and landed at the bottom of page 170. Everything will work as normal for now and then when it gets to the bottom of page 170 it'll be a while again before I can get to page 171.

Thanks for all your help Czarcasm.

What was causing posts to be missing on the touch site was actually because a query was returning more rows than it should because two users had managed to thank a post more than once. If you're curious, you managed to thank 4 different posts in that thread twice and GAAman also managed to thank a post twice.

This is obviously a problem on our end if people are able to thank posts more than once. I guess you guys just really liked those posts, hah. I've had to remove the duplicate thanks, and you shouldn't be seeing any more missing posts in that thread at least. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

We'll look into fixing the API so it's impossible to thank posts more than once and of course look into removing duplicate thanks in other threads (not as easy as it seems).

Thanks for all your help Czarcasm.

What was causing posts to be missing on the touch site was actually because a query was returning more rows than it should because two users had managed to thank a post more than once. If you're curious, you managed to thank 4 different posts in that thread twice and GAAman also managed to thank a post twice.

This is obviously a problem on our end if people are able to thank posts more than once. I guess you guys just really liked those posts, hah. I've had to remove the duplicate thanks, and you shouldn't be seeing any more missing posts in that thread at least. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

We'll look into fixing the API so it's impossible to thank posts more than once and of course look into removing duplicate thanks in other threads (not as easy as it seems).

I had noticed that myself actually a couple of times on other threads, that it was showing I'd thanked posts twice. The only explanation I had for it at the time was that my data connection and slow browser refresh were responsible, and sometimes the "Thank" button didn't respond the first time so I'd click it again. I've come across posts later too where I thought I'd thanked them, but with the refresh latency issue; What I'd done is thanked the post, and unthanked it again by accident, only to realise my mistake later.

Hi Alvis,

Can you take a look at this for me again when you get a chance? It's the same thread again that it's happening on.

• Advertisement

Hello again Czarcasm,

We'll take a look into it when we can.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement