Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can developers do this?!!

Options
1235»

Comments

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    But you have suggested Irish building and standards are some have very Irish solutions. That is suggesting we are unique. You repeatedly speak in derogative terms of Irish developers. Saying this and also saying that you believe their are good developers out there is akin to "I am not a racist but..."

Your bias and it is an apparent view. You are talking in an offensive way to a whole industry and seem to have very little knowledge on the subject. You appear to have a very strange view of your own industry which doesn't match my experience.

You aren't engaging in any way shape or form with the conversation.

Why do you think it IS a sound idea to buy a new build in Ireland. What consumer protection is there? How does a buyer establish they will not end up in a poorly built house, or surrounded by a building site? Why does Homebond seem ineffective when there actually IS a problem?

What makes you think that the advice to not buy new builds is misguided?

You seem fixated on the idea that some developers are good. I agree. Some surely are. Who are they? How does a consumer tell the good from bad? What extra assurances are available from 'good' developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Grasshopper123

Hello all
    I am wondering if there is any more news on this particular development. We put deposit on the house with them in January. We received contract about 2 months later and immidietally went back via our solicitor with few standard questions over the contract. It has been going on 3 months now and we find it difficult to get any answers from them. Anyone is having similar experience? We are bit concerned, after reading this thread. Although, our solicitor seems to be calm about it.
    Thanks for info

Advertisement