Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Emigration Notes ! (ASAP)

• 30-01-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey, all you fellow German students ;)
    I was wondering if any of you have notes on Emigration (why Irish people leave, where they go etc.) and could share some with me please, kinda asap?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Honestly, I think you are far better making them yourself. The thing is, you are learning a language and taking pre-written notes will only help you to vomit out information and if this is for an oral or an essay, the examiner will tell what is rote-learned and what's not. Try formulating your own sentences and filling in any unknown vocabulary using google translator or dictionary. This may seem a bit of a pain but it's worth it and you'll remember the new vocabulary much easier than from notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Honestly, I think you are far better making them yourself. The thing is, you are learning a language and taking pre-written notes will only help you to vomit out information and if this is for an oral or an essay, the examiner will tell what is rote-learned and what's not. Try formulating your own sentences and filling in any unknown vocabulary using google translator or dictionary. This may seem a bit of a pain but it's worth it and you'll remember the new vocabulary much easier than from notes.

I agree with this except wordreference.com instead of Google Translator. Most teachers wish it was never invented. It gets the message across if you're translating a subject you've never studied but not great if you are trying to come across as proficient in the language.
    Fine if it's just one word but don't do whole sentences

Advertisement