Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and Business

• 30-01-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if this would be a suitable course for me, maybe some people could give me some input. My strong subjects in school are business, accounting, French, English and Irish. So primarily languages and business but I feel my personality would be suited to law and I think it seems like a really interesting field overall. The closest subject to law in school is probably business and I enjoy that thoroughly, particularly government regulation and employment law.

Now, here's my main dilemma. UCD or TCD? I have Trinity down first currently and overall I think this course suits me better as it has the option of a language and potentially Erasmus in the third year. However, I'm concerned about the fact that I'd be going there pretty much alone. I live in the West and most people seem to be favouring UL or NUIG as options. I don't come from a highly privileged background or anything so the snobbery you hear about is deterring me also.

UCD seems like a good course too, but no option of a language is a major issue for me. However, a close friend of mine is thinking of doing this course, and some other classmates seem to intend to go to UCD too.

So, socially UCD may be better, but how can I equate that with a course which I'd perceive as less beneficial to me given the lack of foreign language?

If you can give me any input or indeed point me to any other suitable course I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement