Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Advice Cork City :/

Options
  • 30-01-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

myself and my gf, both working are relocating to cork for work purposes, i have always been based in charleville but she is based in cork city.

i am looking to rent in the north side of cork city or a little outside it, any advise on where is good where is not, budget is approx 800-900 per month but ideally as little as poss!!

been looking in blackpool but after that im all out, i want somewhere that is safe and secure, we previously lived in mboro woods in douglas for 2 years so an area similiar to that on northside be great!

thanks in advance!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

All i'll say to you is STAY AWAY FROM MURRAY PROPERTIES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Don't go to Blackpool either. Rough as sandpaper and prone to flooding. Would suggest Ballyvolane if you want a city location or move out to Mallow, or Fermoy.

Double post....

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Don't go to Blackpool either. Rough as sandpaper and prone to flooding. Would suggest Ballyvolane if you want a city location or move out to Mallow, or Fermoy.

is ballyvolane not rough out though? thought blackpool was ok??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

best off sticking to the southside,as for blackpool lived there for 10 years,not the nicest of area's,maryborough hill would be a grand spot though :)

• Advertisement

is ballyvolane not rough out though? thought blackpool was ok??!

No. Ballyvolane is not rough. Who told you that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

If you both drive , then what about blarney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Around St. Lukes / Gardiner's Hill is very nice. Not sure about prices. If you need cheaper, then Glanmire isn't too much further out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I wouldn't normally tar an entire area as rough but do your research about Ballyvolane, a quick google will tell you were to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I live on the northside and never had any trouble. A walk around an area will give you a good idea if you feel at ease there. Montenotte is an "upmarket" kind of area on the northside, near enough to the Mallow road if you're looking to head for Charleville.

Also, avoid Choices agency like the plague. Genuinely, don't even view properties with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    best off sticking to the southside,as for blackpool lived there for 10 years,not the nicest of area's,maryborough hill would be a grand spot though :)

why is it "not the nicest of areas" i swear some people on here are destined to just create havoc... there is nothing wrong with blackpool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Parklands / Blackpool / St Lukes / Wilton /Ballyvolane All seem grand areas
    Wouldn't be too keen on Mayfield..

Are you looking for an apartment or a house?

Also, Wouldn't recommend dealing with a M. Kelleher on Dafts.. used to be known as Solutions Lettings ... I think.

Advertisement