Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad mini problems connecting to hotspot?

• 30-01-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    i recently bought an ipad mini (retina display), its a wifi only version.
    i just tried to connect it through my htc one using the wifi hotspot utility, just to know it worked for emergencies.
    well, it didn't work!!!
    it seemed to find it once, after inputting the wifi key, as the htc recognised one connected user, but the ipad just paused, then said unable to connect to hotspot, and then wouldn't even get that far again, just unable to connect.

anyone either experience or even a solution?

thanks for your time,

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Hi Ed

Have you any problems connecting the ipad to other wireless networks with iPad, or is it JUST this hotspot that the phone is creating

Few things , does it return any more details other thanb being unable to connect. eg. an error code / description of why you can't connect

1) On the Ipad , ''forget'' this network completely,
    2) on the HTC disable all security passwords etc when enabling the hotspot .
    3) now try connecting
    4) if this doesn't work.... try connecting a different wireless device to the hotspot....

Let me know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

hi Skalragg,

yep, that did the trick, thanks for that!

BTW though, what about security? can anyone now connect to the phone when its enabled as a hotspot, or will i be prompted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

DriversEd wrote: »
    hi Skalragg,

yep, that did the trick, thanks for that!

BTW though, what about security? can anyone now connect to the phone when its enabled as a hotspot, or will i be prompted?

Hi

The test was proof of concept, taking security out of equation... And to see is there reason they can't connect. Next step is now that you know they connect create security on Htc one, preferably wpa/wpa2 with a psk. Pre shared key.

Then on iPad forget network, rejoin Htc network and enter the pre shared key when prompted. U will then b secure nd connected

Advertisement