Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 meter prone equipment.

• 30-01-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi i am thinking of giving 50 and 100 meter prone competition ago. Is there and dealers in the south of Ireland where one could go to look and buy some of the necessary equipment and check out some rifles. I only know of intershoot in the north.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I see you're based in Tipperary. That's not a spot close to any of the main ranges but Midlands would be a reasonable drive I guess, depending whereabouts in Tipperary you are. Quite a few dealers would have the odd Match 54 or the like somewhere in the inventory, even if they're not quite sure what it is, but your best bet would be to turn up to a match at some point and meet some people, have a look at some gear, and if you're still interested, look for a second hand rifle and get some gear via Intershoot. The lads are great to deal with and they're shooters themselves, so they know how best to accommodate people new to the sport. Best of luck with it, always good to have someone new on the scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭16 bore

I see you're based in Tipperary. That's not a spot close to any of the main ranges but Midlands would be a reasonable drive I guess, depending whereabouts in Tipperary you are. Quite a few dealers would have the odd Match 54 or the like somewhere in the inventory, even if they're not quite sure what it is, but your best bet would be to turn up to a match at some point and meet some people, have a look at some gear, and if you're still interested, look for a second hand rifle and get some gear via Intershoot. The lads are great to deal with and they're shooters themselves, so they know how best to accommodate people new to the sport. Best of luck with it, always good to have someone new on the scene!

Thanks for that i guess in terms of gear intershoot is my best option.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

your best bet would be to turn up to a match at some point and meet some people, have a look at some gear, and if you're still interested, look for a second hand rifle and get some gear via Intershoot.

This.

Also, I'm not going to be in Midlands for a few weeks but if you want I can let you know the next time I'm going to be there and you can come up. You can have a proper look at the gear and a chat about options for easing your way into the game without buying a load of gear up front.

Advertisement