Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Garth Brooks Dates

Options
  • 31-01-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

It seems obvious from all the discussion today that many many people have been left very disappointed by missing out on tickets and there is still significant demand out there! I see that people in Limerick and Cork have set up Facebook pages to generate support for concerts in their counties and have been requesting people to contact Aikens to express their wish for more concert dates! Not sure how easy it will be to mobilise a strong message to Aiken and ultimately Garth Brooks to put on extra dates but I'm sure many here on Boards would support such efforts. It would also help to put some of those touts in their place if more dates were announced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    It seems obvious from all the discussion today that many many people have been left very disappointed by missing out on tickets and there is still significant demand out there! I see that people in Limerick and Cork have set up Facebook pages to generate support for concerts in their counties and have been requesting people to contact Aikens to express their wish for more concert dates! Not sure how easy it will be to mobilise a strong message to Aiken and ultimately Garth Brooks to put on extra dates but I'm sure many here on Boards would support such efforts. It would also help to put some of those touts in their place if more dates were announced!

Ah Jesus lads. How many Garth Brooks threads do we really need. Can the Mod's get this under control. The main index is looking a right mess!!

As I'm here I'll give my opinion on the above:

1. It's a Comeback Special - by having any more than 3 nights, it really makes a joke of the title Comeback Special. These gigs are simply a way of Garth Brooks announcing his return to the live music circuit, recording a DVD and then announcing a World Tour for 2015/2016.

2. A facebook page attempting to convince Aiken promotions to put on shows in Cork, Limerick etc will have no effect. Schedules are set, stages are booked, crews are booked to build and dismantle stages, licences have been applied for etc etc. When the World Tour is announced, it may be the case that Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Belfast all get 1 or 2 dates. This will be 2015/2016.

3. Touts will always exist. The people who purchase from touts are also a major problem as they fuel the business. No artist is worth paying 2-10 times face value!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ah sure, what's the point dragging all that equipment and the band over here for three gigs.

He should play the whole summer long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ah sure, what's the point dragging all that equipment and the band over here for three gigs.

He should play the whole summer long.

And you'll be in the Davin Stand:D:D:D:D:D:D

And you'll be in the Davin Stand:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Ah Jesus lads. How many Garth Brooks threads do we really need. Can the Mod's get this under control. The main index is looking a right mess!!

As I'm here I'll give my opinion on the above:

1. It's a Comeback Special - by having any more than 3 nights, it really makes a joke of the title Comeback Special. These gigs are simply a way of Garth Brooks announcing his return to the live music circuit, recording a DVD and then announcing a World Tour for 2015/2016.

2. A facebook page attempting to convince Aiken promotions to put on shows in Cork, Limerick etc will have no effect. Schedules are set, stages are booked, crews are booked to build and dismantle stages, licences have been applied for etc etc. When the World Tour is announced, it may be the case that Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Belfast all get 1 or 2 dates. This will be 2015/2016.

3. Touts will always exist. The people who purchase from touts are also a major problem as they fuel the business. No artist is worth paying 2-10 times face value!!

Think we need to move on from the Croke Park thread and where people are sitting and get the views of those who were unlucky today and the prospect of more dates in different locations. Just because it's a comeback special it doesn't mean it has to be a Dublin comeback - he's planning 4 year tour staring in the autumn so the 3 dates are not exactly exclusive opportunities to see him! At the money they are making there won't be any prob moving stages and other counties will be more than happy to have him!

• Advertisement

It was in the independent during the week, that 3 gigs for croke park and maybe another in Belfast.

If they can play Belfast, why not other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Think we need to move on from the Croke Park thread and where people are sitting and get the views of those who were unlucky today and the prospect of more dates in different locations. Just because it's a comeback special it doesn't mean it has to be a Dublin comeback - he's planning 4 year tour staring in the autumn so the 3 dates are not exactly exclusive opportunities to see him! At the money they are making there won't be any prob moving stages and other counties will be more than happy to have him!

The prospect is that it's very unlikely to happen in 2014.

These mega gigs (i.e capacity in excess of 60,000) are rarely announced any later than the end of January/early February. Going back over the years, the likes of Slane, big PP gigs (Robbie Williams, RHCP), Bruce in 2013 were all announced before the relevant Christmas period.

If additional gigs were to take place, they would be placed in the week beginning 28th July 2014 leading in the August Bank Holiday.

Of course I could be completely wrong regarding the whole thing and extra dates may be added around the country, just my opinion that they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

The prospect is that it's very unlikely to happen in 2014.

These mega gigs (i.e capacity in excess of 60,000) are rarely announced any later than the end of January/early February. Going back over the years, the likes of Slane, big PP gigs (Robbie Williams, RHCP), Bruce in 2013 were all announced before the relevant Christmas period.

If additional gigs were to take place, they would be placed in the week beginning 28th July 2014 leading in the August Bank Holiday.

Of course I could be completely wrong regarding the whole thing and extra dates may be added around the country, just my opinion that they won't.
    Difficult to know at this stage but would be nice to see all those people who camped out for nights and missed out get another opportunity and also hard to hear how some of the true fans missed out. Just looked at Aikens Facebook page and few hundred comments there calling for another gig! I'm sure we will hear fairly soon at this stage as I agree time is v tight at this stage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement