Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great albums ruined by by one track

Options
2»

Comments

Fast one on Tindersticks Curtains always wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I hate surf wax america on Weezer blue album feels to me like a quickly thrown together filler to bulk up the number of songs on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Icaras wrote: »
    I hate surf wax america on Weezer blue album feels to me like a quickly thrown together filler to bulk up the number of songs on the album.
    I think that more about Holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

I'm not too fond of Get Out of My House on The Dreaming. I find the hee hawing parts to be irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

"Sarah" wrecks the flow of Black Rose: A Rock Legend by Thin Lizzy. Right in between Waiting For An Alibi and Got To Give It Up, what were they thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Oasis – Definitely Maybe has two –Digsy’s Dinner and Married with Children are good fun but should have been B-Sides, replaced on the album by Listen Up and Whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

slim slow slider on Astral Weeks. Terrible song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

D-FENS wrote: »
    Oasis – Definitely Maybe has two –Digsy’s Dinner and Married with Children are good fun but should have been B-Sides, replaced on the album by Listen Up and Whatever

Only, they hadn't made Whatever at that point.

I always disliked "Sweet Sweet" on Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins - the song itself is OK, but it doesn't really do much and its in the wrong place, right after Silverf**k - it would've better to go straight into Luna at that point. If you play one after the other they do go well that way. Sweet Sweet seems like something that's a good idea, but not fully thought out.

Otherwise, that album = 10/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

My only problem with Sweet Sweet is that it's too short! I love that song though. The only song on Siamese Dream that I'm not really fond of is Spaceboy, it never really does anything for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Joni Mitchell - The hissing of summer lawns. Beautiful album, The Jungle line kind of ruins the mood.
    Pixies - Trompe le monde. Space (I believe) maybe the worst song they ever did. I always skip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

iomega wrote: »
    Joni Mitchell - The hissing of summer lawns. Beautiful album, The Jungle line kind of ruins the mood.
    Pixies - Trompe le monde. Space (I believe) maybe the worst song they ever did. I always skip it.

Can't agree with The Jungle Line; I think it fits in well.

That trilogy of albums - Hissing, Hejira, Don Juan - is an amazing sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It was written well before though, may not have been recorded by the time of DM but could have been,
    There is songs on Morning Glory and Be Here Now that Noel wrote before they even had a record deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

IT was written and demoed in the very early days.

Temaz wrote: »
    IT was written and demoed in the very early days.

Same goes for All Around The World but it was never in line to be on Def Maybe! They left off Listen Up as they thought it was too similar to Supersonic. I love it though!

My only problem with Sweet Sweet is that it's too short! I love that song though. The only song on Siamese Dream that I'm not really fond of is Spaceboy, it never really does anything for me.

I don't agree about Spaceboy - by that point in the album, a break from the big guitar noise is welcome - the use of the mellotron is pretty inspired.

Agree about Sweet Sweet - it is too short, too much of an after thought - would've been a nice b side perhaps, or a "hidden" track maybe.

Same goes for All Around The World but it was never in line to be on Def Maybe! They left off Listen Up as they thought it was too similar to Supersonic. I love it though!

Noel was saving it for the 3rd album as he often joked to Bonehead.

The OP just wished Whatever was on DM instead of the tracks he mentioned. No one is arguing whether it was "in line" or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Tracks 1 to 12 on 'Be Here Now'. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Follow Me - There is a lot not to like on The 2nd Law by Muse but that one sickens me.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Digsy's Dinner is a throw away, but Married With Children is really good and it certainly wouldn't be Definitely Maybe (for me) without it.

Some also named Knives Out by Radiohead. NO!! The guitar playing on it is excellently melodically brilliant. One of the highlights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky on Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers. Just doesn't belong on there, always a skip for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

beardo81 wrote: »
    Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky on Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers. Just doesn't belong on there, always a skip for me.

Fully agree. I'd also ditch Further Away. I'd have had First Republic, Horses under Starlight or Sepia there instead.

Duquesne Whistle on Dylan's 'Tempest' album irritates the hell out of me.

Advertisement