Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom in apartment block but no handset in Apartment???

Options
  • 31-01-2014 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am renting an apartment in a block of 8 altogether.

There is a intercom system outside the main door. I used this to get in to the block.

All the apartments in the block have a handset and use the intercom. And they can buzz someone in

Only I don't have one in my apartment.

It would be great if I could have one them I could use the intercom system.

It would be great security and its awkward when someone comes to visit they cant get in.

I wonder would the landlord or the management company install one for me in my apartment.

Also would they be expensive?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its highly unusual for one apartment to be excluded from a system like this. More often than not- it was included originally, and was removed/damaged/destroyed by a previous tenant. I would contact the Landlord (not the Management Company) and request he/she reinstate it. You have no relationship with the Management Company- only the Landlord has.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ann100 wrote: »
    It would be great security and its awkward when someone comes to visit they cant get in.

How would it be great security?

Suely anyone who comes to visit you knows your phone number can call you, and you go down and let them in.

How unfortuante that the the TV licence inspector, the charity collectors and beggars, and local politicians don't have your phone number ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

How would it be great security?

You dont see how it would be more secure to know who is knocking on your door before you open it?

Even from a convenience point of view Id want it fixed. Id crack up if I had to keep running up and down a flight of stairs to let people in (not to mention having to run across the car park to actually let them into the complex).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Mine broke a few weeks ago and it was a nightmare up and down from the top floor.
    They are great for seeing who's calling. The camera quality is great.

Sorry Mr. Clipboard Holder, but I'm not buzzing you in :-D

Advertisement