Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiddie Kutz or...

Options
  • 31-01-2014 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Had a search of the forum and didn't quite see this covered before. Bringing the kid (2 1/2 years) for her first haircut on Saturday. Is Kiddie Kutz the default place to go to, or might there be a better place around Dublin City Centre? Want it to be a nice fun experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We bring our son to kiddie kuts in jervis as he has lots of thick hair and it needs to be cut properly and thinned out or it looks awful. I brought him to a barbers once as it was a lot cheaper but the cut was awful and we had to go to kiddie kuts 3 weeks later. It's expensive but we've always been happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Same here,been to the one in Blanch,my little man loves the experience,watches peppa in a car shape seat and doesn't even bother him he is getting his hair cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

traineeacc wrote: »
    Same here,been to the one in Blanch,my little man loves the experience,watches peppa in a car shape seat and doesn't even bother him he is getting his hair cut!

I would totally get my hair cut in a car shape seat while watching a movie! Kids have all the fun!

Thanks for the replies. Must pop into the Jervis one at the weekend so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We just bring our 3 year old to the local hair dresser. he loves sitting in the big chair and at a fiver a cut its ...well.....just the cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

A lot of hairdressers won't cut toddlers/preschoolers hair whether it's for insurance reasons or they just don't want the hassle of battling with a young child on the verge of a tantrum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I bring my toddler to my own hairdresser. They are lovely to her, give her a biscuit, raise her up and down in the chair. I sit in the next chair. She loves it.

I went to a kiddie kutz place once, and thought the hair cut they gave her was brutal. They gave her a real village-of-damned style short fringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

pwurple wrote: »
    I bring my toddler to my own hairdresser. They are lovely to her, give her a biscuit, raise her up and down in the chair. I sit in the next chair. She loves it.

I went to a kiddie kutz place once, and thought the hair cut they gave her was brutal. They gave her a real village-of-damned style short fringe.

I hate kiddie kutz... always done a brutal job on my now 5 year olds hair... Just bring her to my own place now but even now she's protesting and won't let anyone cut it cos she wants to be like Rapunzel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

We use kiddie kutz. The cuts are a bit hit and miss but the Thomas train, pics on the wall and peppa pig on repeat its kept the two of them quiet. The older guy progressed to a barbers about a year ago. But the youngest will be stuck with them a bit longer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Have used kiddies kutz for my toddlers & they love it. But I cant afford to keep bringing them, I have 2 boys so its €30 a visit!! Im going to start doing it myself, God help them,,

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I have seen some shocking haircuts coming out of kiddies kuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Brought my fella to Kids Kutz twice, tbh the haircut wasn't bad but pretty simple to do & not worth €15 so the second time I just paid attention & now recreate to cut at home for free. I just invested in hairdresser quality scissors & comb.

Brought my fella to Kids Kutz twice, tbh the haircut wasn't bad but pretty simple to do & not worth €15 so the second time I just paid attention & now recreate to cut at home for free. I just invested in hairdresser quality scissors & comb.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Some kiddie Kuts hace a 9.99 offer mon to thursday instead of the normal price of 16.99!!!!!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »

Oh ms...I did that once. ..omg the hair turned out horrific...you know that spec savers ad where the farmer sheers th dog as well as the sheep? Thats how he ended up. :o

Oh ms...I did that once. ..omg the hair turned out horrific...you know that spec savers ad where the farmer sheers th dog as well as the sheep? Thats how he ended up. :o

Haha yeah there is a learning curve alright:D
    I won't lie, there were some dodgy cuts in the begining but I got better with each cut. Thank God his hair grows so fast & any 'patches' quickly grew back lol :pac:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Haha yeah there is a learning curve alright:D
    I won't lie, there were some dodgy cuts in the begining but I got better with each cut. Thank God his hair grows so fast & any 'patches' quickly grew back lol :pac:

Haahaa...i braved the fringe bit before Christmas because his hair was growing so fast but it was too soon after the last cut..if you get me. ..he looked like Paul weller lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Reading this thread I'm thankful that all three of mine have lovely curly hair that I can cackhandedly hack at without it looking bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I bring my guy to the barber in Stillorgan. The girls there are really nice and the have the car seats for him to sit in. €10 a cut whether you are 2 or 92.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 22thecrescent

I brought my niece to kiddie kuts and was charged €18 for a dreadful cut. The girl didn't dry off the hair so I asked the girl had was the cut straight and she assured me it was. I only noticed how uneven the hair was when I got home. I drove back and requested refund. Mid conversation, the girl said she'd had no formal training! I went up to Peter marks who managed to put some shape on the hacked haircut. Wrote a letter of complaint to Mothercare and kiddie kuts. Mothercare were excellent and I'm sure mine was not the first complaint they'd received about kiddie kuts. Eventually, after two emails a lady from kiddie kuts rang and all I got was attitude. She was aware that the girl said she had no training but advised this was not the case. She also told me I had two choices on the day..let the untrained stylist make a second attempt or go elsewhere, I chose the latter. At no point did she apologise for the poor service or inconvenience but continued to go around in circles. So my advice...go to the professionals and avoid kiddie kuts.

Advertisement