Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Leon & Kodaline Marlay Park July 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Cant wait. No idea where im gonna get the money from but im definitely going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I was going to go until I had a look at their recent setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

threein99 wrote: »
    I was going to go until I had a look at their recent setlists.

Any links? Whats wrong with it?

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Any links? Whats wrong with it?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kings-of-leon/2013/enmore-theatre-sydney-australia-53c4df61.html

I cant stand their last 2 albums, that's just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Yeah there's no doubt that could be better - Still think ill persevere and go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Be interesting to see how quickly this sells out, especially considering they sold 80,000 tickets for Slane in 2011 in under 40 minutes!!

I don't think I'll go to this. Their the O2 in '08 was unbelievable but I've been to every gig in Ireland since and they've been average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

They really need to start mixing up the setlists a bit. I realise that they have to play the newer stuff, but they could at least throw in some different older songs. I'd give my right arm to hear Milk, Ragoo or Day Old Blues lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Jonkenji

More bland rubbish, all 3 of the gigs would have been exciting in 2006-2008 (arcade fire, arctic monkeys, kings of leon) but those days have long since passed.

Who will they announce next, the kooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jonkenji wrote: »
    More bland rubbish, all 3 of the gigs would have been exciting in 2006-2008 (arcade fire, arctic monkeys, kings of leon) but those days have long since passed.

Who would you prefer?

• Advertisement

They have released possibly their best album yet. They are far more accomplished act these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Starting to think this thread should be in R&R.
    I'm gonna try and get me hands on some tickets. If the weathers nice could be an awesome day out in Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Anyone think this will sell out? If so do you think it'll sell slow. Lots of competition with Arcade Fire, The National and Arctic Monkeys. Also the Phoenix Park gigs arent set yet!

I don't think it will even close to sell out tbh.

I sat at lunch today and we talked about upcoming gigs, KOL was mentioned and everyone shrugged and said they probably won't bother.

Now, I know my lunch table isn't much of a indicator, but these are people who would have jumped at tickets to KOL a couple of years ago but their outdoor performances have been so poor that I don't think people are as eager to pay to see them again. If they played the O2 I would be much more likely to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Used to like KOL in the AHA Shake Heartbeat days, might catch this as others want to see them. I reckon they'll sell out in mins.

There will be another date though....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Wouldn't cross the road to see them on account of their newest album being nothing but pure watered-down rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

is there any presale for this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Arcade Fire are just as good now as they always were and haven't gone soft like the other 2. (Although AM latest isn't bad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Just seen a pic of Cross Eyed Caleb.

Serious bad buzz on the receding hairline, dude

In seriousness though, MCD need to get Muse again for an outdoor extravaganza - their gig in Marlay in 08 was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They have released possibly their best album yet. They are far more accomplished act these days

I agree the Monkey's album has been critically acclaimed and was probably one of their best albums.

KOL, since their third album have been on the wane, I know those newish albums have made them more fans and I probably see this selling out cause we Irish love some good old MOR music, nothing to tricky just something simple. But I think I give my money to the Arcade Fire and Monkey gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

If they could replace some of the weaker songs from their setlist at Slane with some of the newer songs (which they'll have to play obviously) then it wouldn't be too bad at all. I'm being hopeful with this theory but I can't give up on these because I love their early stuff and I'll still go to this concert.

Couldn't believe the start to this set at the time:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kings-of-leon/2011/slane-castle-slane-ireland-73d3c641.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I might try get tickets,really like Kodaline in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dcully wrote: »
    I might try get tickets,really like Kodaline in particular.

Ditto although I would love to see KOL just not sure about their recent stuff. Have their first two albums and interest waned after that. To be honest if I never hear sex on fire again it would be too soon. Shame but still reckon they would be awesome to see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Ditto although I would love to see KOL just not sure about their recent stuff. Have their first two albums and interest waned after that. To be honest if I never hear sex on fire again it would be too soon. Shame but still reckon they would be awesome to see live.

Unfortunately they haven't been that in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

I'm so torn over this gig, would love to see Kodaline but absolutely hate KOL latest album. Tried listening to it again after the announcement but nope, doesn't sound any better second time round! Think I'll keep my money & take a chance in trying to get a ticket from somwhere for Kodalines gig in the O2!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

Guys, does anyone know if there is a presale for the gig? I have tried searching the net for any details but have had no joy. I know from going to most of their gigs in Ireland in the past, there is usually a presale release for the fan club members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

Ragglepuss wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know if there is a presale for the gig? I have tried searching the net for any details but have had no joy. I know from going to most of their gigs in Ireland in the past, there is usually a presale release for the fan club members.
    No there is no presale as far as I know. MCD have just said tickets on sale sat at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there much interest in this?

I'd say like many, I was a big fan of KOL in the mid to late 00's. Never got the chance to see them live so this would have been ideal. Very poor support act so thrown off because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

FitzShane wrote: »
    Very poor support act so thrown off because of that.

I reckon there could be more there to see the support act that to see the headliner for this gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Corholio wrote: »
    Unfortunately they haven't been that in quite some time.

I saw them last year and they were an unbelievable let down. It was like someone just pressed play on a CD.

Advertisement