Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Leon & Kodaline Marlay Park July 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is there much interest in this?

I'd say it will be, a lot of people still like them. They even made new fan's who probably don't bother with their classic first two albums and stick to their MOR stuff. For me they've always been a very hit and miss live act, but going by selling out Slane and other Arena's around Ireland. I have no doubt they get a great crowd to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Looper007 wrote: »

KOL, since their third album have been on the wane
    they're bordering on embarrassing now. still young but seemingly finished from a creative point of view. only going through the motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Seeing that they played True Love Way last night makes it slightly more tempting. Then again I still don't know if I wanna have to listen to all the post BOTT stuff.

So glad I saw them in 08 before any of that sex on fire rubbish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hoping to get tickets for this concert tomorrow..
    Any recommendations for hotels in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Would the best way of getting tickets be on ticketmaster.ie or going down to my local ticketmaster agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Ticketmaster was easy. Had mine in 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Easy enough to get tix!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine gotten. Site just kept twirling for a bit so go worried!

Had mine in under 2 minutes as well. I saw them for the first time in New York in 2010, so I have nothing earlier to compare it against. I'm glad to have tickets got for a decent night out over the Summer. Enjoy everyone.

• Advertisement

Same here, probably less than two minutes.

antodeco wrote: »
    Mine gotten. Site just kept twirling for a bit so go worried!

That's just the way it works on ticketmaster now. Seems they set up a queue system that just constantly refreshes but makes you think it's fubar.
    It's a better system than the old days. At least the site stays alive now during the usual clusterfcuk scramble for big gigs.

It doesn't matter if its not your name on the tickets does it?

Liam90 wrote: »

No. Sometimes you get asked what name is on the ticket but even that is very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Got tickets and now looking to book a hotel. Will there be a bus service before and after the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

egan2020 wrote: »
    Got tickets and now looking to book a hotel. Will there be a bus service before and after the concert?

There usually is for Marley Park gigs. Dublin Bus run special services from the South Quays by Tara Street station. Think it was €10 or €12 return the last time I did it which was a good few years ago now. As Marley Park is right on the southern edge of Dublin it can takes ages to get there if the traffic is bad.

There are also local buses which go out to Marley Park but I remember trying to get one from Rathmines for Longitude during the Summer and they were so full coming from the city centre that they weren't even stopping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

its gas that the touts are allready touting this and its no sold out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Has it sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

cena wrote: »
    Has it sold out

not yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Liam90 wrote: »

It only matters if you're picking up the tickets but even then they'll just ask to see the card/confirmation email and the address. On very rare cases they'll ask for the name on the tickets if the gig is particularly strict but I haven't seen that in a very long time. When I was younger I'd always use one of my parent's credit cards and never had a problem with one of their names on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Is this sold out? I can't seem to get tickets on ticketmaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

jonny_b wrote: »
    Is this sold out? I can't seem to get tickets on ticketmaster....

I think it is sold out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Seems to be sold out now unless they release more tickets closer to the date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

strange i got 2 tickets showing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KarrieF

Hi, does anyone know what time gigs generally kick off in Marlay Park? It says 5pm, but I know KOL won't be on stage then. Any ideas when they might come on? I'm flying back from London and would love to make the gig, have tickets, but still not sure if I'll make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

KarrieF wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know what time gigs generally kick off in Marlay Park? It says 5pm, but I know KOL won't be on stage then. Any ideas when they might come on? I'm flying back from London and would love to make the gig, have tickets, but still not sure if I'll make it.

They will be on at around 8.45-9.00 PM I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

How many does Marlay Park hold? Haven't been there before..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cam24 wrote: »
    How many does Marlay Park hold? Haven't been there before..

Depends , for Longitude its 10,000 a day , then it can be about 20,000 to 35,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

Depends , for Longitude its 10,000 a day , then it can be about 20,000 to 35,000

Ok I see, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Does anyone know where to get tickets now for less than 75? Or will they be adding more nearer the concert?

Advertisement