Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Leon & Kodaline Marlay Park July 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

skeg16 wrote: »
    I can't see them playing the full album, its not like its a vintage album, sure its only 10 odd yrs old.

I was at Metallica yrs ago when they played the full master of puppets track-list...now that was special, but that album was like 20yrs old

Ah no I was only joking that definitely won't happen... but I do wonder will they actually do anything different seeing as though it is 4th of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Only 1 more sleep. . Hope everyone has a great time :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 axri

Anyone if it's possible to see the wc match in marley at the concert tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Going to this myself, apparently. Not looking forward to the rain :/ and then the presumably crowded buses after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

axri wrote: »
    Anyone if it's possible to see the wc match in marley at the concert tomorrow?

Doubt it. Heading to Eden House myself and then in. the Eden is beside Marley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Typical weather prediction!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 the black celt

Looking for lift to Carlow AFTER the gig-HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

JUST BUILT A PIT FOR THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

but1er wrote: »

Any idea where/what time to try get pit passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

but1er wrote: »

Have you seen it?

• Advertisement

Spilt down the middle, friend of mine built it this morning with a crew... I dont know about bands unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

an interesting development.

What are people expecting the ground conditions to be like?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BubbaM wrote: »

If it has rained a small bit you should still be ok and wont need wellies but maybe wear old shoes/runners to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

BubbaM wrote: »

I doubt we will be too far off this :pac:

witness-festival-festival-mud-630x413.jpg

If it has rained a small bit you should still be ok and wont need wellies but maybe wear old shoes/runners to be safe

Yeah I don't think it will rain enough to cut the ground up and have an old pair of boots at the ready.. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Id say it'll be alright up there to be honest. There will most likely be a couple of light showers, but nothing to extreme by the looks of things right now:

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

probably asked already, what time are kodaline expected to be on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

probably asked already, what time are kodaline expected to be on at?

7 I think. Just watching their set from Glastonbury. CANNOT WAIT :D

Kings of Leon have made them use it as a surge barrier back to NO PIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Just been speaking with the SO.

She is making her way up from the midlands on a bus now, there is no music or craic on the bus...how dry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Hey lads,

I have two tickets for tonights Gig that I am trying to sell.

Was meant to go with the housemate but he cant make it.

Let me know if any interest!

Am living close by Marley, Terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

On route. Don't know if I mentioned already but IM SOOOO EXCITED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Davie89 wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I have two tickets for tonights Gig that I am trying to sell.

Was meant to go with the housemate but he cant make it.

Let me know if any interest!

Am living close by Marley, Terenure

Probably too late but sent you PM

Edit: sorted

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just back from this. Very fortunate to get a taxi - thankfully shared with two random people who happened to be going the same direction.

Thought it was good but not amazing. Think the overall show was a bit subdued.

Only arrived in for the last Kodaline song so can't comment on how they did.

Started to piss rain the last few minutes so I think I missed the last 2 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I had a great night all told. I was in complete shock at the que for the bar though. Of all the things you'd think that Irish can do it's getting the drink in.
    I loved the fact KOL played some good old songs too but the sound wasn't great.

I'm staying in my Mams house tonight, and I'm sitting here on my lonesome dove, still completely twisted, little bits of this and that left to keep me entertained for a while but I'm critically short of beer...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I had a great night all told. I was in complete shock at the que for the bar though. Of all the things you'd think that Irish can do it's getting the drink in.
    I loved the fact KOL played some good old songs too but the sound wasn't great.

I'm staying in my Mams house tonight, and I'm sitting here on my lonesome dove, still completely twisted, little bits of this and left to keep me entertained for a while but I'm critically short of beer...

The bar queue was crazy. I only had 1 pint the entire night cause I couldn't be bothered wasting ages in the queue.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just back home now after stopping off for a McDonald's and all. Good gig. Pissed rain. Sound was too low. Good lively songs played. Queue for bars were horrendous. Toilets were fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

was there a pit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

We just bit the bullet after a while and grabbed four beers each. Missed Kodaline, but we were well refreshed for the lads!
    Loads of the crowd didn't even seem to know the older tunes from what I saw. "King of the rodeo" barely got acknowledged.

Advertisement