Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Marathon/Half/6 mile/relay May 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Any decision on a post race drink venue? Any boardsie pacing 1:40?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

picked up a niggle behind the knee over the wknd, never had one there before. Physio booked for tomorrow, hopefully be ok by Sunday. Sickner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

viperlogic wrote: »
    picked up a niggle behind the knee over the wknd, never had one there before. Physio booked for tomorrow, hopefully be ok by Sunday. Sickner

You will be sound, I have a few new niggles now too, constantly on my mind they are.

Never had an issue there before, its arch of foot and heels, not too worried, it will probably be sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

07:00–13:00 Cloudy. For the period: 07:00–13:00 10° 0.1 mm Light breeze, 3 m/s from south

Too soon? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

RayCun wrote: »
    Too soon? ;)

nope:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Any decision on a post race drink venue? Any boardsie pacing 1:40?

Locke bar from 7pm. I am down to pace 1:40 with Kaymin.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Locke bar from 7pm. I am down to pace 1:40 with Kaymin.

no word yet on where the pacers will be staying, for earlier drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No word as of yet but there is talk of all the pacers meeting for a drink and chat at the George Hotel in city centre directly after the race.
    We could use that as an early boozer spot?
    Are you staying up for the sunday night Ray?

No, train down Saturday afternoon, leaving Sunday at around 6. So I'm on for a (teetotal) meetup Saturday evening and post-race drinks, but I won't be around long enough for Lockes

Many heading to "An Evening with Neil Cusack" at 8pm on Saturday in the Strand hotel? Tickets are 10e online (cant buy on the night, already asked!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 running coach pacer

We are meeting in the George Hotel afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Many heading to "An Evening with Neil Cusack" at 8pm on Saturday in the Strand hotel? Tickets are 10e online (cant buy on the night, already asked!)

They had the same thing on in the Gibson Hotel (Dublin) on Good Friday and it was free entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

yaboya1 wrote: »
    They had the same thing on in the Gibson Hotel (Dublin) on Good Friday and it was free entry.

Money is going to Special Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Luckyharry

amcgee wrote: »
    I think thats good advice, you certainly have the potential to run a 3:27, but i would be cautious, start off slow and take it from their. i ran my first marathon in Cork last june and going into it i was fairly confident of doing it around 3:30, and hit the wall at mile 16(shocked me..) and ended up finishing in 3:50. i did the first half in 1h44(and the pacers were bragging about bagging minutes(damm them)
    I went out with the 3:30 pacers and just wasnt used to running at that pace for so long, the weather was a factor also i am running limerick now, and will start off slow and take it from their, i have done 4 runs over 20 miles, longest being 22.5,
    I will hope to beat and should beat 3:50 and then take it onto Dublin which is the main aim. and i ran a half marathon before cork in 91 minutes. which made me think i could do 3:30 in my sleep!!

good luck to you and all others, looking forward to it and then looking forward to a small break from running before i aim for Dublin!

I'm a bit worried alright about hitting my target and REALLY appreciate the input. I've done 4 long runs- 2x20 and 2x22 averaging 8.05 per mile but felt I could go stronger if I hadn't so many miles in my legs. Been doing tempo runs and speed work too, so hopefully they will pay off. I haven't ruled out Dublin but with a 11 month old and a 2 year old and back working full time I think my husband might pull the plug on that idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Too soon? ;)

I'm sure the 3:15 pacer will be giving us the full skinny on the weather shortly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Where have all the 4 hr runners gone?...

I am going with 4 hour pacers I think along with 2 buddies. We hit 20 miles in 3 hours so hoping we will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

Luckyharry wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried alright about hitting my target and REALLY appreciate the input. I've done 4 long runs- 2x20 and 2x22 averaging 8.05 per mile but felt I could go stronger if I hadn't so many miles in my legs. Been doing tempo runs and speed work too, so hopefully they will pay off. I haven't ruled out Dublin but with a 11 month old and a 2 year old and back working full time I think my husband might pull the plug on that idea :(

the fact that you have done your long runs in 8:05, would suggest to me that you have a great chance of hitting your target, i misread your comment a small bit so sorry about that , but i would still me caustious, i varied my longs runs, mostly at 8:45 to 9:00 pace, as your long runs are normally recommended to be 30+ seconds slower than your target pace, but you look as if your are running your long runs close to your target pace, so stick with whatever is best for you , thats the best advice anyone can give. your doing great especially considering you have a 11 month and a 2 year old, which will make your achievement on sunday even better, i have 3 kids over 4, my middle fella(6years old)
    said to me after i just ran a pb of 92m in wexford half marathon last year " Dad how come you were so far behind the winners" i replied, "Son, we all have different ability and i won my own race today"

but kids sure know how to bring you back to reality!!

good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    I'm sure the 3:15 pacer will be giving us the full skinny on the weather shortly ;)

Would love to but boards ain't the only site those ****ers banned me from. Blacklisted across the meteorological universe! Suffice to say whatever the weather is HTFU and deal with it. I'll be communicating that message on the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Question is are the running it as a beer mile or beer kilometer event? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

What time does the marathon start at ?

• Advertisement

greenplain wrote: »
    What time does the marathon start at ?

9am

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭frankeee

If their facebook page is to be believed, though not sure if they're referring to all distances or what...:confused:

Marathon & Relay Start - 9AM
    Half Marathon Start - 11:45AM
    6 Mile - 1:30PM

frankeee wrote: »
    If their facebook page is to be believed, though not sure if they're referring to all distances or what...:confused:

Edit: clicked wrong option on site!
    1,869 for the Marathon according to the website now.

That's quite a jump on previous years is it?

It's my first marathon, so the more the merrier, hope there is a good crowd in the 3:45 pace group.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    1,869 for the Marathon according to the website now.

Looking at the entrants page there are 764 ((85pages x 9 entrants per page)-1) for the marathon

1869 for the half, from the entrants list

Looking at the entrants page there are 764 ((85pages x 9 entrants per page)-1) for the marathon
    1869 for the half, from the entrants list

Whoops, I must have been too hasty in my selection from the drop down box!!! and clicked the wrong one. Its the pre marathon nerves! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

They've a message on twitter saying registration is going to close early due to numbers.

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Last day to register online is May 1st providing it is not full in the meantime
    Finnt wrote: »
    They've a message on twitter saying registration is going to close early due to numbers.

I think they're a bunch of spoofers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I got a "free" invite, for this event, in the post today from Irish Runner magazine. I assume it's from my subscription for the magazine.

I can't make it so it's free to anyone who wants it....

Advertisement