Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haven't been paid

Options
  • 31-01-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have worked with a well known retailer who Il(keep namless for now) for over 7 years. All in all I loved it as it was a great place to work and has kept me going through college so far.

Unfortunately I have had to go on placement for 9 months through and so I had to give my notice in November. I worked right up until the 2nd of January. I'm not due any contract hours which is reflectively small(12hr p week) however overtime is backpaid aswell as bank holidays and bonus which is accumulated over 3 months and was due this pay check. Iv come here for advice on how I should deal with this.

I have contacted the store and because they have taken me off the system they can't do anything iv sent an email to hr in head office and awaiting a reply.
    Are they legally obliged to pay me!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Yes is the answer. Just keep chasing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Yes is the answer. Just keep chasing them up.

Cheers,what about the bonus that I'm due over a 3 month period!?it would be sales based

I don't see why you leaving the job would mean they wouldn't have to pay you. What does your contract say about the bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

I don't see why you leaving the job would mean they wouldn't have to pay you. What does your contract say about the bonus?

I havnt signed a contract in about 6 years
    Bonus/commission has changed so many times between then and now.
    But I havnt signed anything regarding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Dont bother dealing with our previous employer anymore.
    Complete this form:
    http://www.labourcourt.ie/en/Publications_Forms/Workplace_Relations_Complaint_Form_v_7_.pdf
    At the point where you see the drop down menu "My complaint falls under" pick "Pay" and tick the boxes relevant to you.
    You have an opportunity then to describe your complaint in total.
    workplacerelations will take it from there.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »
    I havnt signed a contract in about 6 years
    Bonus/commission has changed so many times between then and now.
    But I havnt signed anything regarding it

Your bonus will likely be considered discretionary and you won't get it unfortunately. The back pay for bank holidays and overtime you should get then.

Advertisement