Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are UPC doing around Harry Reynolds road, Balbriggan?

Options
  • 31-01-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've seen a lot of road works and crews around the Harry Reynolds road lately, and noticed that today there was a sign that these works are for UPC. Any ideas what they're doing because I thought that area was cabled already.

My initial thoughts would be that they're cabling the older estates like Bremore (that only get MMDS at the moment). Or they are laying more cable to increase the speeds for existing houses (which are limited to 30Mb/s)

Thanks in advance for any info.
    F.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I asked would it lead to speed upgrades as I get 30mb on the MMDS service. But they said that they dont have any release schedule for upgraded services in our area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

They were in my estate beside the road last week and all they were doing was being a nuisance. Very poorly planned works and had the road completely blocked most of the time and you would be left waiting for someone to bother moving a digger.
    In fairness to their work the road was left in a very good condition when they were finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Jimdagym wrote: »
    They were in my estate beside the road last week and all they were doing was being a nuisance. Very poorly planned works and had the road completely blocked most of the time and you would be left waiting for someone to bother moving a digger.
    In fairness to their work the road was left in a very good condition when they were finished.
    Thanks all.

Yeah, it just looks like there are various piles of mud left around the place with Orange barriers around them. Bit of a nuisance, but if it gets better broadband speed I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nemo1702

I've been living in Balbriggan for 8 years now and our estate isnt even cabled for UPC tv never mind broadband. Sky have done well out of us :)

Advertisement