Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Cannabis Propaganda!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

really need a ban on Daily Fail threads.
    Perhaps a Daily Fail forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

That is literally the most ignorant thing I've ever read, even by Daily Mail standards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

In other words, a mainsteam media outlet has published an article providing a warning on the perils of a gateway drug. Now, if it could be established a link existed between this and the inclination to write hyperbolic posts then that would be headline news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This thread needs some Julian Marley to cheer it up

Manach wrote: »
    In other words, a mainsteam media outlet has published an article providing a warning on the perils of a gateway drug. Now, if it could be established a link existed between this and the inclination to write hyperbolic posts then that would be headline news.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Manach wrote: »

according to the daily mail this woman is the first person in the history of the species to die from cannabis overdose

that's worth talking about tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That is literally the most ignorant thing I've ever read, even by Daily Mail standards

Even the awful people who comment on their articles are against them, it's that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Pathologist Dr Kudair Hussein told the inquest in Bournemouth there were ‘moderate to heavy’ levels of cannabis-related chemicals in her blood.
    Bournemouth coroner Mr Sheriff Payne asked Dr Hussein: ‘You are satisfied it was the effects of cannabis that caused her death?’ Dr Hussein replied: ‘Yes sir.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2ryI2Ckmb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now, call me a bit naive, but should I trust the opinion of a qualified pathologist or someone on the internet who has an agenda?

A qualified pathologist has called it. Unless he is struck off for gross misconduct I reckon I will take his word for it.

Now, call me a bit naive, but should I trust the opinion of a qualified pathologist or someone on the internet who has watched too much Bill Hicks?

Well if you trust one pathologist over the countless hundreds of doctors and physicians who have cited the fact that there has never been a death because of cannabis use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html

Cue the feckin do-gooders using thing crap as a platform to bash the use of this plant.

Just at a time too when the fear factor was dying down.

Well played Daily Mail - you absolute rag and ****é excuse for "news". :rolleyes:

Even if it is a Daily Mail story, I'll take the word of a UK Pathologist over somebody off the internet thanks.
    A post mortem examination revealed that there were no obvious signs of abnormality in Miss Moss’s body. Pathologist Dr Kudair Hussein told the inquest in Bournemouth there were ‘moderate to heavy’ levels of cannabis-related chemicals in her blood.
    Bournemouth coroner Mr Sheriff Payne asked Dr Hussein: ‘You are satisfied it was the effects of cannabis that caused her death?’ Dr Hussein replied: ‘Yes sir.’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html

Cue the feckin do-gooders using thing crap as a platform to bash the use of this plant.

Just at a time too when the fear factor was dying down.

Well played Daily Mail - you absolute rag and ****é excuse for "news". :rolleyes:

Is this tone just a little bit paranoid??????
    Maybe even a little schizophrenic????
    I take it the OP's a smoker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Ignorant?

Seems a factual account of events to me.

Unless of course you know different?

Well if you trust one pathologist over the countless hundreds of doctors and physicians who have cited the fact that there has never been a death because of cannabis use

There has been, at least once, it says so in the article.

Just because it is incredibly rare does not mean it is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Savage93 wrote: »
    I take it the OP's a smoker

;)

Ah sure why not.

Valetta wrote: »
    Ignorant?

Seems a factual account of events to me.

Unless of course you know different?

I know there has never, ever been a recorded instance of a death directly related to using cannabis before

Seems to me like this physician couldn't establish a cause of death and decided to blame cannabis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Says I To Bridey

I love drugs, but there's nothing worse than ignorant and arrogant stoners blindly defending their 'harmless plant'

People realise you can die from eating a banana if it's poisoned with toxins? You cannot die from smoking a single joint unless it's laced in something not found in cannabis

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Oh no, a devout Christian:(Why couldn't have been one of them brown Muslim people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I know there has never, ever been a recorded instance of a death directly related to using cannabis before

Seems to me like this physician couldn't establish a cause of death and decided to blame cannabis

How could you possibly know that there has never been "a recorded instance of a death directly related to using cannabis before"?

He established that the cause of death was from cannibas use.

Do you know different?

He's a qualified pathologist, not a 16 year old coming up with a long winded story to explain the beer and puke soaked carpet and the broken doors when his parent arrive home earlier than expected was done by burglars.

Blaming cannabis, get a grip :pac:

• Advertisement

I love drugs, but there's nothing worse than ignorant and arrogant stoners blindly defending their 'harmless plant'

A f'ucking men.

Equally as bad is when they start moaning about how awful the demon drink is.

Valetta wrote: »
    How could you possibly know that there has never been "a recorded instance of a death directly related to using cannabis before"?

He established that the cause of death was from cannibas use.

Do you know different?

Point me to other cases where people have died from just using cannabis so, and preferably nothing from the daily mail

The word "toxins" and "poisons" are mentioned numerous times in that article.

A f'ucking men.

Equally as bad is when they start moaning about how awful the demon drink is.

Well it is a lot worse than cannabis. It's a horrible drug in comparison, far more dangerous and makes some people act like total dickheads, whereas cannabis doesn't

Well it is a lot worse than cannabis. It's a horrible drug in comparison, far more dangerous and makes some people act like total dickheads, whereas cannabis doesn't

I've a mate who used to be the life and soul of the party, great sessioner.

These days, with the stronger weed available compared to years back, he has a few beers in the gaff, hits the bong, and stays in giggling all night before falling asleep.

I miss the raging drunk version, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

after waterford whispers, the daily mail is my favourite satirical publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is an odd story. By calling it cannabis toxicity it would imply some damage was done to the body but the Pathologist said there was no damage to any of the organs.

There's also the fact she used cannabis up until now without any sign of harmful effects (as far as I know). Usually when a chemical EG: alcohol, is doing damage you can see that damage happening unless a massive dose is taken which didn't seem to happen here.

I'd assume the cannabis wasn't contaminated or those contaminants would have shown up as the cause of the problem. That's if he looked for contaminates.

I'd also assume that it's not an allergic reaction as that would have been obvious to the pathologist too, wouldn't it?

It did say she was suffering from depression and maybe it was a combination of an anxiety attack coupled with cannabis use that pushed her heart over the edge.

I would accept that the pathologist knows what he's doing, it's possible he made a mistake but I'd work under the assumption he'd have to be good at his job to get to the position he's in.

Definitely needs to be investigated further, if there are a combination of actions that could lead to death from cannabis use people need to be aware of them, no matter how slight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

"The inquest was told that Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help her sleep."...

If she only smoked half a joint a night, how the fook was her death was caused by cannabis toxicity?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

whiskeyman wrote: »
    really need a ban on Daily Fail threads.
    Perhaps a Daily Fail forum?
    They have their own poxy web-site for fanatic fawning Failing Forward Fans. Why continue to pollute this one? I got suckered into looking at this thread. Please post an intellect warning on future Fail-based posts. "Reading this will lower your IQ" or somesuch. :D Thanks muchly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MonstaMash wrote: »
    "The inquest was told that Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help her sleep."...

If she only smoked half a joint a night, how the fook was her death was caused by cannabis toxicity?

Must have been some good shit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

MonstaMash wrote: »

Even as little as half a joint can kill you. Not even once, kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Even as little as half a joint can kill you. Not even once, kids.
    In the same way even a small meteor can kill you if you're unlucky enough to be standing at the exact spot where it lands. Two reported deaths isn't a good enough reason to ban anything, two deaths in billions is still one of the lowest risks you can take.

Advertisement