Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Cannabis Propaganda!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Less harmful than alcohol? That has never been proven conclusively. If you know something the eggheads don't then by all means don't keep the information to yourself.

ive conducted my own study after reading your comment. its not very scientific but im pretty sure it doesnt need to be.

deaths directly related to alcohol use - gazillions

deaths directly related to cannabis use - ZERO! unless you believe the daily mail, then its 2.. possibly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Wow What's this the hate iwasfrozen club? Karma I know you're obsessed but can you hold yourself for at least one thread? As to the serious posters I'm on my phone at the moment I'll respond when I'm on my laptop if you all can manage to contain yourselves until then ;-)

Your post was attacked, not you personally ;)

Don't just spend 30 minutes looking through a billion mixed sites, spend a few weeks looking at both sides of the cannabis story, and then make your mind up. There is no excuse in this age to be lazy. Look and study all, and you will come to your conclusion.

ScumLord wrote: »
    To be fair, if you do a search on google you'll find all the news sources reported it the same way.

Who's encouraging children to smoke it?

Ming has been a champion for cannabis legalisation for decades, he's not hiding behind anything. But it's not surprising that people insist on creating imaginary monsters out of ordinary people to try and somewhat justify their completely irrational hatred of that person.

Well ScumLord, we'll see in the future update as per usual, but to just say this lady died from smoking cannabis is in my opinion, a rush to advance a news story without detailed study of her medical condition and previous as I mentioned earlier. You cannot die from cannabis, you will only get sick and feel tired for a day or two if you ate a lot of it.

There is more to this case than is told on all of these news reports. Tabloids :D Mix-mashed potatoes is the news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

More people have died from crossing the road. Let's ban that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Wow What's this the hate iwasfrozen club? Karma I know you're obsessed but can you hold yourself for at least one thread? As to the serious posters I'm on my phone at the moment I'll respond when I'm on my laptop if you all can manage to contain yourselves until then ;-)

Jesus, self-important much?

if you come on any thread spouting ill-informed rubbish you're bound to get a number of replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Manach wrote: »
    In other words, a mainsteam media outlet has published an article providing a warning on the perils of a gateway drug. Now, if it could be established a link existed between this and the inclination to write hyperbolic posts then that would be headline news.

Maybe cannabis could help with your case of John Waters Syndrome. :pac:

Umm... the so-called gateway drug called Cannabis (more appropriately called Herb) is a fallacy of being gateway, so in that case I should be on heroin or cocaine or even the dreaded crystal-meth by now.

After 25 years of smoking cannabis, I haven't deviated from it to another drug. This gateway scenario needs a tin-foil hat clasped onto it's head, because it's not correct. People will take whatever drugs they want to try regardless, but I, like many folk, choose not to go down that road.

Being mellow and happy relaxing in supreme comfort with the ear-phones on listening to some great music with a chilled can of beer is bliss, compared to being extremely head-high/psychotic and scratching my face every second of the day from those other nut-ball drugs.

Cannabis is a gateway drug ?

Gateway drug my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

zenno wrote: »
    n that road.

Being mellow and happy relaxing in supreme comfort with the ear-phones on listening to some great music with a chilled can of beer is bliss

You do know that if you mix beer and cannabis that you will die within 80 years? But go ahead and destroy your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Umm... the so-called gateway drug called Cannabis (more appropriately called Herb) is a fallacy of being gateway, so in that case I should be on heroin or cocaine or even the dreaded crystal-meth by now.
    It's not more appropriately called a "herb". It's a herbal drug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Hippies get violent & angry after they haven't smoked a joint for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yeah those violent and angry hippies, they can shove all the peace stuff up their hole right?

@ Iwasfrozen

The only thing alcohol does above moderation is drive people insane, or for a lot of people, sick and violent. It's a serious problem. Cannabis has many medicinal health properties of which have been proven over and over again Ad nauseam. Study it if you ever have time, because your comment above is nonsensical, and of which has no basis in real-world scientific studies regarding Cannabis.

So does heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well, so what! One fecking death, omigod we need to outright ban this now, this is dangerous Joe, I'm telling ya. You can overdose from chocolate for chrissake or anything for that matter, nothing to get to worked up about, maybe it was the nicotine in the joint that killed her.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

The uproar! Obviously had an underlying medical condition.

No one has ever died from tobacco or Alcohol. No one ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Well, so what! One fecking death, omigod we need to outright ban this now, .

i think you'll find that there's already an outright ban ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

i think you'll find that there's already an outright ban ...

Heh heh I must be stoned I forgot it was banned already :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

tdv123 wrote: »
    So does heroin.

And thats why they use it in medicine its called morphine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

We could try another mass?

And thats why they use it in medicine its called morphine.

It's called diamorhphine. Diamorphine being 1.5x times stronger than morphine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Even if it is a Daily Mail story, I'll take the word of a UK Pathologist over somebody off the internet thanks.
    A post mortem examination revealed that there were no obvious signs of abnormality in Miss Moss’s body. Pathologist Dr Kudair Hussein told the inquest in Bournemouth there were ‘moderate to heavy’ levels of cannabis-related chemicals in her blood.
    Bournemouth coroner Mr Sheriff Payne asked Dr Hussein: ‘You are satisfied it was the effects of cannabis that caused her death?’ Dr Hussein replied: ‘Yes sir.’
    Coroner can't find the reason, so blames weed. Silly man!
    Cannabis is a gateway drug ?

Gateway drug my arse.
    Agreed. Tobacco and alcohol are more likely to be gateway drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I love how cannabis threads bring out the anti-weed trolls.

I'll just leave THIS and THIS here....
    She suffered from depression and was on prescription drugs to try and deal with that although it would not appear she was taking them at the time of her death.

"Seven Cannabisly Stoned Nights"

As I went home on Monday night as stoned as stoned could be
    I saw a plant outside the door where my old plant should be
    Well, I called me wife and I said to her will you kindly tell to me
    Who owns that plant outside the door where my old plant should be?”

“Ah, you’re stoned,
    You’re stoned, you silly old fool,
    Still you can not see
    Well That’s a lovely grow that me mother sent to me.
    “It’s many a day I’ve travelled a hundred miles or more
    But a saddle on a grow sure I never saw before.”

And as I went home on Tuesday night as stoned as stoned could be
    I saw a coat behind the door where my old coat should be
    So I called me wife and I said to her: “Will you kindly tell to me
    Who owns that coat behind the door where my old coat should be?”

“Ah, you’re stoned,
    Still you can not see
    That’s a woollen blanket that me mother sent to me.”
    But buttons in a blanket sure I never saw before.”

As I went home on Wednesday night as stoned as stoned could be
    I saw a pipe up on the chair where my old pipe should be
    So I called his wife and I said to her: “Will you kindly tell to me
    Who owns that pipe up on the chair where my old pipe should be?”

“Ah, you’re stoned,
    Still you can not see
    That’s a lovely tin whistle that me mother sent to me.”
    But cannabis in a tin whistle sure I never saw before.”

And as I came home on a Thursday night as stoned as stoned could be
    I saw two boots beneath the bed where my old boots should be
    Well, I called me wife and I says to her Will you kindly tell to me
    Who owns them boots beneath the bed where my old boots should be?”

“Ah, you’re stoned,
    Still you can not see
    They’re two lovely geranium pots me mother sent to me.
    Well it’s many a day I’ve travelled a hundred miles or more
    But laces in geranium pots I never saw before.”

Well, as I went home on Friday night as stoned as stoned could be
    I saw a head upon the bed where my bald head should be
    Well, I called me wife and I said to her: “Would you kindly tell to me
    Who owns that head upon the bed where my old head should be?”

“Ah, you’re stoned,
    Still you can not see
    That’s a baby boy that me mother sent to me.”
    “Well, it’s many a day I’ve travelled a hundred miles or more
    But a baby boy with his whiskers on sure I never saw before

But a baby boy with his whiskers on sure I never saw before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well ScumLord, we'll see in the future update as per usual, but to just say this lady died from smoking cannabis is in my opinion, a rush to advance a news story without detailed study of her medical condition and previous as I mentioned earlier.
    I think the way these news reports work is one uninformed writer writes a shock peice then it gets sold on or copied verbatim to all the other papers where you're lucky if they make the effort to reword it.

They don't actually research the story they just copy what the other paper said in a globalised version of chinese whispers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

cannabis can kill,if a hundred kilos fell out of a smugglers plane and landed on your head it would fcuk you up real bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

More than 60% of americans want it legalised

Obama himself says it's less dangerous than alcohol

more and more congressmen are seeing the benefits of legalisation

congressmen are now more open to pro-legalisation lobbyists when before the door would be slammed in their faces.

More and more states are looking to ballot medicinal or recreational legalisation

Colorado/Washington is the benchmark on which it will be measured, if it all goes well and the US seriously look at it....

...then those dominos will fall like a house of cards.

Checkmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

more and more congressmen are seeing the benefits of legalisation
    Taxes. I've always wondered how long Americans could look at a multi-billion dollar industry happening right under their noses without wanting a cut of the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Everyone can own a gun in America. They have the best ideas. We should ape everything they do without delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

American Scientist, a prestigious science and technology magazine, published a report on the toxicity of recreational drugs.

According to the study, a person would need to drink ten times the average amount of alcohol it takes to get a buzz in order to overdose.

But for marijuana, someone would need to consume more than a thousand times the average amount it takes to get a little high in order to die.

"You would need to literally consume a third of your body weight in marijuana," Tvert said.

"There are no acute marijuana deaths."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Everyone can own a gun in America. They have the best ideas. We should ape everything they do without delay.

If you mean everyone can legally own a gun in America, you're wrong. If you mean everyone can illegally own a gun in America, well, they can anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

I would have instantly agreed with you guys condemning this as propaganda until last year.

I used to smoke occasionally, maybe once or twice a month, never any problems of any description. Anyway, went smoking with a few friends and as always, no problems at all. When I got home my heart rate starts going absolutely crazy as in my stomach was nearly shaking it was so fast.

Had to get my parents to bring me to the doctor instantly and then got hospitalised. Heart rate didn't return to normal until the following evening. Honestly thought I might die that night and was the most frightening experience I've had. Stayed in for approximately 40 hours. No alcohol was involved. Subsequent tests showed my heart is healthy.

I know lots of people who smoke and I don't know anyone else who's experienced something like me, but surely this shows it's a dangerous drug for the minority of which I'm a member.

Anyone wish to dispute that?

Advertisement