Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due October 2014.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Thank you Penny!

Oh stop - I had no appreciation at all for anyone I ever knew who had MS! It was horrific. I commute on the train to Dublin for work and the train was a nightmare. It would calm down a bit for an hour or two during the day and then get really bad again in the evenings right up until I fell asleep. I thought it would never end! It's still a bit dodge in the evenings but so much better. I hope it stays away now.
    I lost a lot of weight over the last few years, about 70lbs altogether, and because I was only able to stomach foods like mash potato, chips, bread, basically carbs and dry foods, I'd say I have put on a good two stone. Now that the nausea is easing I want to get back into walking in the evenings and weekends, I'm so scared I'm going to put back on all the weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

For those of you who were considering ante natal yoga I thought I'd report back that I started classes last night and it was so lovely. I can't wait for my next class. I'm going to do 2 per week.
    I did feel like such a faker though as my bump is teeny tiny (am 18+4) and only came out to play a little bit on Tuesday. All of the other women who are there are either very close to their due date or have that gorgeous 30 week bump.
    The class was so lovely and peaceful and all about easing out any tensions in your ankles, calf muscles, your back and focusing on keeping your pelvic floor strong.
    The lady who teaches the class has 2 children herself so appreciates the aches and pains and niggles that pregnant women may have and it really makes a difference.
    If you can get to a class then I'd thoroughly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

genie_us wrote: »
    Thank you Penny!

Oh stop - I had no appreciation at all for anyone I ever knew who had MS! It was horrific. I commute on the train to Dublin for work and the train was a nightmare. It would calm down a bit for an hour or two during the day and then get really bad again in the evenings right up until I fell asleep. I thought it would never end! It's still a bit dodge in the evenings but so much better. I hope it stays away now.
    I lost a lot of weight over the last few years, about 70lbs altogether, and because I was only able to stomach foods like mash potato, chips, bread, basically carbs and dry foods, I'd say I have put on a good two stone. Now that the nausea is easing I want to get back into walking in the evenings and weekends, I'm so scared I'm going to put back on all the weight!

Hey genie_us,

I commute on the train to Dublin everyday too. Just find the hours very tiring when you include all the travel time. I leave the house at 6:30 and don't get home till 6 that evening and I'm just so tired. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping the exhaustion will start subsiding soon!
    I used to run a few times a week but gave that up when I found out I was pregnant. But I like the sound of Penny's classes. I just finished a set of swimming lessons so I want to try keep that up too.
    Next scan is Wednesday so looking forward to seeing the difference between that and our earlier scan.

Hope everyone is feeling good :-)

genie_us wrote: »
    Thank you Penny!

murphy2 wrote: »
    Hey genie_us,

I commute on the train to Dublin everyday too. Just find the hours very tiring when you include all the travel time. I leave the house at 6:30 and don't get home till 6 that evening and I'm just so tired. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping the exhaustion will start subsiding soon!
    I used to run a few times a week but gave that up when I found out I was pregnant. But I like the sound of Penny's classes. I just finished a set of swimming lessons so I want to try keep that up too.
    Next scan is Wednesday so looking forward to seeing the difference between that and our earlier scan.

Hope everyone is feeling good :-)

I really feel for any pregnant woman that has to travel in that way! My commute to work, in my own car, takes 20/30 minutes and it was certainly more than enough for the first 14 weeks.

Even though it seems like you're never going to feel "normal" again once you get to 16+ your old self does start to return. I bawled my eyes out one Saturday morning because I couldn't remember what it was to feel "normal".
    Granted, I cry at loads of things these days:o Thankfully its gotten under some degree of control lately. :D

You have to be 16 weeks to do ante natal yoga or pilates so you're nearly there. Its also very good for SPD which I've experienced too.

Really not looking forward to the commute at the end of the pregnancy but trying not to think about it!

Glad you enjoyed the class so much, I think there is classes every Tuesday local enough to me so I'll look in to them and hopefully be able to start them in the next couple of weeks!

Definitely looking forward to feeling "normal" again soon, also looking forward to feeling little kicks! Have you felt any 'flutters' yet? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Hi All

I have been following this thread for a while and have found it very good especially in the early stages! Said i would introduce myself!

I am also due in October, 12th so am currently 17w 4d. In week five i was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which lasted up until week 12/13 and then started to ease. On the plus side I had my first scan at 10 weeks and all was very good. Next scan in June so am looking forward to that one. Starting anti natal next Tuesday.

I am still sluggish but am now eating and able to get up out of bed since week 12 which is a big plus.

Hope you are all keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Met with mairead Kennelly in the coombe Tuesday. She will be our person. Got another small scan so were able to see the back and neck of the kid and was told they developing well. Big scan 27th so all systems go to that. All good here 17w 4d. Didn't get an ante natal til sept tho which is 4 weeks before due date. Will have to Suss ones out for august time. Everything like clockwork here.
    Time to look at nurseries crèche schools soon as well. Big demand from what I hear

Really not looking forward to the commute at the end of the pregnancy but trying not to think about it!

Glad you enjoyed the class so much, I think there is classes every Tuesday local enough to me so I'll look in to them and hopefully be able to start them in the next couple of weeks!

Definitely looking forward to feeling "normal" again soon, also looking forward to feeling little kicks! Have you felt any 'flutters' yet? :-)

No flutters...... I think. I thought I might have felt a little something at yoga last night but if I'm honest it was probably just wishful thinking. I'm dying to feel the little one move about.
    I have my big scan on May 23rd and it feels like forever away. I'm so excited about seeing how much the little one has grown and changed since I last had a peek at it.

greenman09 wrote: »
    Met with mairead Kennelly in the coombe Tuesday. She will be our person. Got another small scan so were able to see the back and neck of the kid and was told they developing well. Big scan 27th so all systems go to that. All good here 17w 4d. Didn't get an ante natal til sept tho which is 4 weeks before due date. Will have to Suss ones out for august time. Everything like clockwork here.
    Time to look at nurseries crèche schools soon as well. Big demand from what I hear

I booked my ante natal class (opted for the full day on Saturday option) and didn't get in until the 30th of August. I queried if it was very late but the lady I spoke to assured me it was just fine.
    I promptly booked my early parenting class and physio classes immediately after that. I was told they book up quickly and they certainly did!
    I'm not planning on looming at the child care options just yet. I think I'd prefer a child minder in their own home at the start and will worry about the first year only at the start. There is a crèche where I work too so I will enquire there too just to have options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Officially back in Sept thread! Until early scan, our dates put us 25/09 then that first scan put us back a week -Oct 1st- which i thought odd as we found out straight away. So since then i've been straddling Sept and Oct threads. Last week, had the anatomy scan and were put back to our original dates again! Consultant said they shouldn't have changed our own dates unless their discrepancy was more than 7 days. At the time it was 6 days.

So we are delighted to be a week further on! Today, I'm 20+5. Feeling great. The scan was sooo cool. Only the 2D but we saw loads and the nurse spent 15-20mins with us so saw plenty. Quite emotional seeing the little bubs. He was only a little "blob" to see (sorry babba) at 8(actually 9 weeks). Couldn't get over the detail. And so much movement too. So reassuring too. We were so happy to reach another milestone plus find out we were really halfway that we celebrated with tea out!

The last 10days or so, i've been feeling the "bubbles/ popcorn" people talk of. At first i wasn't sure what is was and didn't get what people were talking about but it is very distinct now and very cool as my OH can also hear it when he puts his head to the bump.

I'm going public and had 1st antenatal hospital visit last week. Consultant has suggested i go with the mid-wife led unit now as, despite my age, she considers me "low risk" which is good. She has given me the option but said tbe midwives can give me more time and if necessary will refer me back to her so i think i'm good with that!

Love reading all the posts. Best of luck to those getting scans this week. Such a special time x

• Advertisement

I've had a busy couple of days. I felt the baby move for the first time on Sunday afternoon - I wasn't sure thats what it was at first but then it came again 5 or 6 times in the same space, it was almost like someone tapping on my side with their foot thinking "ohh look that wall moves when I do this". :) It was pretty fab.
    Nothing then again until I was driving to work on Monday morning and then I felt a little of the same. It moved a fair bit (like doing tumbles) yesterday while at work and was stretching quite a lot last night when I was out for a walk, it drew me up short a few times.
    Then this morning I woke early to pee (for a change:rolleyes:) at 04:30 and when I got back into bed the little one got really busy and active and I just lay awake enjoying it. I got up at 05:30 in the end because I couldn't move onto my side as the baby didn't like that at all.

I had an ante natal appointment with my GP surgery yesterday and it went brilliantly. Thankfully my urine, blood pressure and weight are still all perfect. I'd lost a fair few kilos due to severe nausea at the start of the pregnancy and have only regained a little of that (and I didn't really have any to loose at the start anyway) so I was getting a little worried about the lack of weight gain. I put on 1 kg last week and still weigh less than when I got pregnant but the nurse said it was all fine and now that I had started to regain weight things were ok.
    She also listened to the heartbeat on a doppler and it was the first time I heard the heartbeat. It was so such a lovely moment and really reassuring to hear it too. The beat was strong and steady so another box ticked.
    I had my early parenting class this morning too which was really good. Some of the stuff I'd already heard or learned but some other things were new and it was great to meet with the midwives and some other first time parents to be too.

I have my big scan in 9 days and I can't wait for it for a number of reasons. One I get to see my lovely baby again, two it is a check up to be sure everything is ok (hopefully) and three, it will be nice for my husband to get a chance to connect a little more with the baby. The kicks and movements are still to gentle for him to feel as of yet and he is feeling a little disconnected compared to me.
    I still have the dilemma of to find out the gender or not to deal with. My husband really does and I'd like to give him that extra connection with the baby and the pregnancy but I'm not 100% sure that I do. I have no preference for either a boy or girl so its not for any reason like that. It feels a little like opening your Christmas presents early.

Big scan tomorrow!! Whoop whoop. Baby has been kicking lots over the last few days and seems to be an active little one. I love the kicks although they did start in earnest last night when I was trying to go to sleep! Still new enough to love them totally though.

Ours on Tuesday. Can't wait. Will be 20w 2d when that comes in. Everything seems to be grand bump shaping nicely. Not finding out sex as we are gonna love the surprise in October. Also need to stop buying stuff and leave something for everyone else. Too many sales about. Argos lidl aldi. And the rest

Big scan tomorrow!! Whoop whoop. Baby has been kicking lots over the last few days and seems to be an active little one. I love the kicks although they did start in earnest last night when I was trying to go to sleep! Still new enough to love them totally though.

Hope your scan went well last week! :)
    Ours on Tuesday. Can't wait. Will be 20w 2d when that comes in. Everything seems to be grand bump shaping nicely. Not finding out sex as we are gonna love the surprise in October. Also need to stop buying stuff and leave something for everyone else. Too many sales about. Argos lidl aldi. And the rest

Best of luck with your big scan today greenman! :)

I have my first yoga class tonight so I'm looking forward to that! Have a lot more energy the past couple of weeks and the sickness seems to have subsided so feeling good! Still haven't felt any movement but I'm only 17+4 so hopefully will feel something soon. Big scan is tomorrow fortnight so can't wait for that!
    Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Hope your scan went well last week! :)

Best of luck with your big scan today greenman! :)

I have my first yoga class tonight so I'm looking forward to that! Have a lot more energy the past couple of weeks and the sickness seems to have subsided so feeling good! Still haven't felt any movement but I'm only 17+4 so hopefully will feel something soon. Big scan is tomorrow fortnight so can't wait for that!
    Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Hi, it went really well thank you for asking. All the checks (holes in the heart, etc) were clear (in so far as they can be) which was great. The baby is measuring perfectly sized and developed for the dates too which is great.
    After a couple of days of activity that would rival the lads doing an iron man challange the little brat decided to have a quiet day on Friday and would hardly move. :) We got lots of new pictures including some 3D ones so they are now up on the fridge beside those taken at the 12 week scan. The growth and development in the 8 weeks is amazing.
    I was in and around 18 weeks when I first felt movement so I'd imagine you're getting close enough to feeling it soon. I was lying down on my bed upstairs surfing the net on my iPad when I felt a few pops on my right side. I wasn't sure what it was at first but then it came again and again in the same spot and it turns out it was the baby kicking. It as off and on for the first few days and within a week it became pretty regular and at the end of the first week was strong enough for my husband to feel it too. He loves to the kicking. Last night we were having a quick 5 minute lie down after work and he put his head on my stomach and got kicked in the face and LIKED IT:D

Enjoy your yoga class. I've really gotten into mine in a big way. It is a lovely gentle way to exercise for you and your baby, its really all about positivie energy and thoughts for you, your pregnancy and the baby. Its also been great for the SPD I was experiencing too and your pelvic floor muscles.

How's everyone getting on? Nothing off note to tell. Bump getting bigger. No appts for a while. For a partner anyway. Physio and ante natel in the coombe for herself this week. No big ante natl class til august and September: just thinking if looking at childcare options in the areas now. Then we think of schools. 22w today. Hope all is well with all

Hi, just back from two weeks holidays and thought I'd check in to see how people are getting on? My last post was jsut before I had the "big" scan on May 23rd. Everything was perfect (in so far as you can tell) thankfully so we went off on our holidays happy out with that piece of news.
    The baby has gotten big and strong over the last two weeks and although still rather small and neat I feel that my bump has gotten ENORMOUS. It hasn't really but I'm totally in love with it. :o
    The baby kicks frequently now and is getting very strong. The vast majority of the activity comes in the evening time and especially from 9pm onwards and I love that as it means that my husband is almost always around to feel and see the activity at that time of the evening. Some of the kicks are so big that its like an alien is living inside me and is trying to break free. I love it.
    I have an ante natal appointment in the Coombe this afternoon and might have a mini scan then (I think they always do them when you're semi private/private?) so I'm looking forward to having another peek at the little one then.
    We're going to get started on the baby shopping this weekend. Other than that its business as usual I think.
    Hope everyone else is keeping well.

I'm just back from a few days off last week, we were moving into our new house! :)
    We had our 20 week scan on Wednesday and everything went really well, the doctor checked the heart and the blood flow and seemed very happy and we're measuring exactly to the day.
    I've been feeling the baby move more and more everyday. Its such a lovely feeling! My husband has felt the baby move a couple of times but the baby always seems to stop kicking when he puts his hand on the bump!
    Can't wait to start doing up the nursery :)
    Glad everyone is getting along ok, let us know how the antenatal class goes Penny, my doctor is arranging the classes for us so we won't know until our next visit when we'll be starting!

I'm just back from a few days off last week, we were moving into our new house! :)
    We had our 20 week scan on Wednesday and everything went really well, the doctor checked the heart and the blood flow and seemed very happy and we're measuring exactly to the day.
    I've been feeling the baby move more and more everyday. Its such a lovely feeling! My husband has felt the baby move a couple of times but the baby always seems to stop kicking when he puts his hand on the bump!
    Can't wait to start doing up the nursery :)
    Glad everyone is getting along ok, let us know how the antenatal class goes Penny, my doctor is arranging the classes for us so we won't know until our next visit when we'll be starting!

You have been busy! Moving house is exhausting any old time never mind when you're twenty weeks pregnant! Hope you get some time to relax and enjoy your new homes.
    My appointment went really well thank you. Blood pressure and urine still I'll perfect, had a mini scan and the doctor was delighted with the baby's movements and growth and a lovely strong heartbeat was showing up too.

Re: the ante natal class, I booked my own a good while back- the doctor never mentioned doing it for me, they only strongly recommended getting it booked sooner rather than later. We opted for the one day class on a Saturday rather than the few evening classes. It was mostly because my husband has a small enough number of annual leave days and we're trying to keep them for after the baby is born.

In our work we (men) are allowed 2 days or something to go to antenatal classes. The last 2. Tell him to check his company policy around paternity and he might find an extra day or 2 off. My work ask no questions so we have a class on a Saturday and a make believe class or two midweek.
    I'm like a big kid waiting for October. Bump sent me a Father's Day card yesterday. What a talented bump

• Advertisement

In our work we (men) are allowed 2 days or something to go to antenatal classes. The last 2. Tell him to check his company policy around paternity and he might find an extra day or 2 off. My work ask no questions so we have a class on a Saturday and a make believe class or two midweek.
    I'm like a big kid waiting for October. Bump sent me a Father's Day card yesterday. What a talented bump

That is a good bump you have there! I am a bad bad wife as my bump didn't get its Dad anything. We got back from holidays late on Saturday night and I'd had the best of intentions of getting up early on Sunday morning and getting a card. Instead I had a shocking nights sleep with chronic heartburn, the baby doing the hokey pokey all night and a sore back. No sleep until after 3am.
    My husbands work does allow him the time for ante natal classes but it's awkward for him to try to get out early and I hate the extra pressure on him so we opted for the Saturday class instead. He gets 3 days paternity leave too.

26 weeks today. The baby was moving about quite a bit yesterday and early this morning. Seemed to be very close to the front of my stomach and I could distinctly feel either a head or a bum - it was a lovely round little thing just at my belly button and was the perfect size for either or at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Hi all

Another Oct 2014 (first time) mum to be here. Said I would introduce myself.

Penny - I think we are due around the same time because I always identify with your updates. I'm due the 4th.

I have been so lucky in this pregnancy in that I haven't had any sicknesss or hardly any symptoms at all the whole way through so haven't had a lot to contribute. Still worry about things though as is human nature!

My latest wondering is that my kicks aren't very strong the last week or so. I still feel movements throughout the day but they are a lot 'softer' iykwim. Is anyone else like that? I presume the baby has just moved somewhere different. In fact I know it has, I can now feel movements up near my ribcage and before they were lower down. But just wanted to see if anyone else was the same.

Hope things are going well for everyone else.

Marz66 wrote: »
    Hi all

Another Oct 2014 (first time) mum to be here. Said I would introduce myself.

Penny - I think we are due around the same time because I always identify with your updates. I'm due the 4th.

I have been so lucky in this pregnancy in that I haven't had any sicknesss or hardly any symptoms at all the whole way through so haven't had a lot to contribute. Still worry about things though as is human nature!

My latest wondering is that my kicks aren't very strong the last week or so. I still feel movements throughout the day but they are a lot 'softer' iykwim. Is anyone else like that? I presume the baby has just moved somewhere different. In fact I know it has, I can now feel movements up near my ribcage and before they were lower down. But just wanted to see if anyone else was the same.

Hope things are going well for everyone else.

Hi Marz66, we are very close indeed. I'm due October 7th. Had an antenatal appointment with my GP yesterday and thankfully everything is still as it should be- clear urine, good BP, strong heartbeat and all that jazz.
    Had a meeting with my boss at work yesterday too and signed off on my maternity leave - only 12 more weeks to go (including this one!) and I can't wait to be off.

Have quite a lot of discomfort in my groin since last night though. It feels quite heavy and I think maybe the baby has decided to rest in the same position for a while hence the increased pressure. Hopefully they decide to move around soon and give me some relief.
    I'm 27 weeks today, in the first week of my 3rd trimester and I can hardly believe it. Its been brilliant and I feel so lucky to be having this little baby.
    The movement has been quieter over the last day or two too but I can feel the moving and swaying in time to music and after hearing the heartbeat yesterday I've been assured that everything is ok.
    If I do feel the need to create a movement I usually find that a cold fizzy drink, even if its sparkling water does the trick. Also something sweet works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Yeah, I do feel movement after a fizzy drink. Something has changed though, I don't seem to get kicks in the morning, but felt movement during the daly alright. I think the legs must be in a different place to before!

That pressure sounds crap, guess the bigger the baby gets, the more discomfort there can be if they park somewhere uncomfortable!

Love the reassurance of each good GP visit.

Marz66 wrote: »
    Yeah, I do feel movement after a fizzy drink. Something has changed though, I don't seem to get kicks in the morning, but felt movement during the daly alright. I think the legs must be in a different place to before!

That pressure sounds crap, guess the bigger the baby gets, the more discomfort there can be if they park somewhere uncomfortable!

Love the reassurance of each good GP visit.

When I first started to feel the baby move it was mostly during the early morning. That changed as time went on and while I do still feel movement in the morning it's after I've eaten breakfast. I feel it again intermittently in late morning and then during the afternoon. It quietens down then until around 6pm when it starts again for a little while. Then at bed time the baby becomes rather busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

When I first started to feel the baby move it was mostly during the early morning. That changed as time went on and while I do still feel movement in the morning it's after I've eaten breakfast. I feel it again intermittently in late morning and then during the afternoon. It quietens down then until around 6pm when it starts again for a little while. Then at bed time the baby becomes rather busy.

Mornings have gone v quiet but from afternoon onwards, bubs is pretty active and definitely most active at nighttime and bedtime!
    Funny how the pattern changes!

Baby finally decided to kick when I was at home. Lying in bed and I put hands on tummy. Must have been like 6 licks. Been kicking for ages when I'm at work and I miss it. Great feeling.
    Bloods this week and 3d scan. Then appts come think and fast between doc and hospital.

Its so lovely when you get to feel the baby move. We've been quite lucky in that our little one has its most active periods either first thing in the morning before we get up or in the evening when we go to bed. It means that my husband is around to feel the activity almost all of the time.
    There have been a few occasions though when the baby was going bananas- when you looked down at your bump it was like a bowl full of jelly being shaken around.
    This never happened when he was around and I think he thought I was exaggerating until yesterday! The baby put on a big jelly display and it was hillarious and lovely to share.
    I have another appointment with the Coombe today (27+6) at 28 weeks. Apparently they are going to want to see me every two weeks from now on with GP appointments in between. It will feel like I've moved into the place soon.

• Advertisement

Week 29!!!!

Advertisement