Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still on iOS6?

• 31-01-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

I've an iPhone 5 and haven't felt the need to upgrade to iOs7 yet. I actually really like iOS6 and hope to keep it for as long as possible. I did try iOS7 during the beta and didn't like it at all.

Just wondering am I alone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You're definitely not alone. 20% of compatible devices are still running iOS 6.

What didn't you like about the Beta? It's changed a lot since then regarding speed, performance, battery life & third party apps have been updated for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I'm still on ios6 on my 4S and iPad 3.

A basic thing I dislike about ios7 is the way you have to swipe up to close an app. I find that annoying.

Gekko wrote: »
    I'm still on ios6 on my 4S and iPad 3.

A basic thing I dislike about ios7 is the way you have to swipe up to close an app. I find that annoying.

It's a lot better than the iOS 6 method though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Aodhagan wrote: »
    It's a lot better than the iOS 6 method though.

I don't agree.

Instead of tapping an x you swipe upwards...so it involves more movement rather than less. To my mind that's inefficient.

I don't agree.

Instead of tapping an x you swipe upwards...so it involves more movement rather than less. To my mind that's inefficient.

To close them you need to first hold down on them and wait for them to wiggle and tap the specific x button in the corner of every app don't you?

The multitask screen in iOS 7 is much easier to switch between apps and closing them with a quick flick upwards is a lot more natural than the old method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nataspy

I don't agree.

LOL More movement?! You swipe your thumb about an inch up the screen. It couldn't be simpler.

Much better. Been on Android for a while and always preferred it. Glad iOS7 changed in this respect.

The old method seemed more manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Also, with two fingers you can close 2 apps at a time.

I travel frequently, in and out of planes and hotels and the control centre is the single biggest reason to upgrade for me. I also find the keyboard easier to use.

Senecio wrote: »
    Also, with two fingers you can close 2 apps at a time.

I travel frequently, in and out of planes and hotels and the control centre is the single biggest reason to upgrade for me. I also find the keyboard easier to use.

Or even three fingers to close three apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Or even three fingers to close three apps.

It's definitely better.

Why worry about it though most apps do not keep running which many still refuse to believe. Most are just paused and restart when you go back to it so no need to close.

For those that insist on closing apps it would be nice to have a "close all" button.

As for iOS 7, it's a big improvement on iOS 6. Certainly for control centre, and I find the notifications better.

Also, I do like the colour schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Iphone 4,still on 6..
    Some people i know with older devices said battery got worse with ios7.

Seen same issue with my iPad 2,battery doesn't last as long on ios7,so left Iphone 4 on 6..

• Advertisement
Advertisement