Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family dog

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Alicei

maguic24 wrote: »
    I don't think she meant to be smart, she did say she could see where we were coming from and perhaps her comment was more targeted at me, as I was the one who said I thought it was cruel.

Oh it wasn't directed at anyone! It is just the truth. It is something I probably already knew and you all just confirmed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Alicei wrote: »
    Oh it wasn't directed at anyone! It is just the truth. It is something I probably already knew and you all just confirmed that.

Well, I didn't think you were being smart anyway. Sometimes people take things up wrong on the interwebs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Alicei wrote: »

Look there's no need to swing too far in the other direction. We're both working and we have two dogs - we don't have kids, however, and our hours are staggered so that dogs are not left alone for the whole day. Also the younger one needs to be completely wiped out for him to be content to stick to his toys and we need to make time for it. It's all doable though and they are happy, but if we worked longer hours or had children, I can't see it working then as they are such a commitment.

You might be better off holding off for another few years until your children are older and able to help out and play with the dog after school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Alicei

mhge wrote: »
    Look there's no need to swing too far in the other direction. We're both working and we have two dogs - we don't have kids, however, and our hours are staggered so that dogs are not left alone for the whole day. Also the younger one needs to be completely wiped out for him to be content to stick to his toys and we need to make time for it. It's all doable though and they are happy, but if we worked longer hours or had children, I can't see it working then as they are such a commitment.

You might be better off holding off for another few years until your children are older and able to help out and play with the dog after school.

I think this is what we should do. Wait for now and consider it maybe again when our little one goes to school.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

We have a 19 month old weimaraner, which would be a very similar temperment to a viszla.
    We both work fulltime but he gets walked before work and someone comes in at lunchtime to walk him everyday.
    If you do get a viszla be sure to start training him to be on his own as soon as you get him, even for 5 minutes at a time

• Advertisement
Advertisement