Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen road bike scott speedester s40 blanchardstown brookhaven

Options
  • 31-01-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hello all.

last night thieves stolen my road bike scott speedester from my home in brookhaven - blanchardstown

i will upload the picture of my bike and i will go to police this evening.

please if some one see it contact me, i appreciate it and will be rewarded.

the bike was bought new from uk so its only me that have this bike.

the bike has a thick black seats now

thank you.

kind regards,
    zerdesht

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Sorry about your loss zerdesht.

For others with bikes, it is worth registering it with BikeRegister.ie and SaferBlanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

zerdesht wrote: »
    hello all.

last night thieves stolen my road bike scott speedester from my home in brookhaven - blanchardstown

i will upload the picture of my bike and i will go to police this evening.

please if some one see it contact me, i appreciate it and will be rewarded.

the bike was bought new from uk so its only me that have this bike.

the bike has a thick black seats now

thank you.

kind regards,
    zerdesht

Watch donedeal like a hawk for the next few days. Iv herd of a few getting things back a few days later on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zerdesht

thanks Mad4simmental,
    i will keep looking at donedeal, adverts.ie and guntree.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oneworld01

daymobrew wrote: »
    Sorry about your loss zerdesht.

For others with bikes, it is worth registering it with BikeRegister.ie and SaferBlanchardstown.

What are bike register.ie and saferblanchardstown? Are they linked to the Gardai? Bikeregister.ie asks for a lot of personal information - name, address, email, phone no, as well as your bike details. Not information you want to fall into the wrong hands. Anyone know who operates it?

Thank you oneworld01,

no i did not register at all but garada asked me for serial i told him i have invoice proof of purchase and he says its fine, i know i should registered it but its late now, i showed him the pic and he took the details and my number and that was it.

i will keep looking at those sites, i will buy another bike again, but this time i will locked in the house and even i lock the room, that was stolen i think i left the front door open.

thanks for all support and helps, and for those who lock their bikes out side, try to locked in busy places where there is cctv and buy big chain and locker, i have big chain and locker but in my case was stolen from my home.

• Advertisement

oneworld01 wrote: »
    What are bike register.ie and saferblanchardstown? Are they linked to the Gardai?
    Safer Blanchardstown:
    Safer Blanchardstown is the Local Community Policing Forum set up as part of the provisions contained in the Garda Siochána Act 2005.

You could contact BikeRegister to ask them the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oneworld01

I did, no reply. Their website says they trade as Hiberico Security Solutions. Cant find any organisation by that name

Thanks to all.

i will keep looking for it but mean while i will buy another bike.

but for future there is some things we can do to prevent thieves in my opinion:

1. have camera system at your home.
    2. or have alarm system at your home.
    3. lock your bike even in the house.
    4. buy big chain and big locker.
    5. lock your bike in public place with camera around that area.
    7. you can buy tag system and hide it in the bike and follow it through your phone system.
    8. have a dog in your home :)

that is all i think of so combinations of few of them will prevent bike thefts.

do not trust u shape locker and cable lockers they are easily broken by thieves insteads big chain and big lockers.

prevention is better than cure as they say, but things go wrong some times, thanks to all again.

I did, no reply. Their website says they trade as Hiberico Security Solutions. Cant find any organisation by that name
    I have asked Dublin Cycling Campaign if Hiberico are legit.

bikeregister.ie domain name was registered by Sylvia and Billy Lyons. When I check for the Bike Register business name it has an address in Carlow. The domain was registered 4 days after the business was registered.

Billy Lyons seems to own bikecctv.com too.

Nothing for "Hiberico" though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement