Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull Tigers v Spurs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    fecking get lennon and soldado off havnt dont fook all and we may as well be playing with 9 men today

Was thinking why we haven't made any subs yet. Would have had both off a lot sooner. Doubt we'll win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

unlucky bentalab some strike with outside left peg deserved better

1-1 Everton..

Adebayors work rate and desire deserves a goal. Astonished by his turn around.

2-1 everton now

• Advertisement

Move ahead of us.. Great..

Adebayor injured. All we need now..

sh1t hope the ade sub was just a precaution

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

I'm all ready for the Soldado experiment to end. The guy's first touch is atrocious and he can't finish.

Soldadont.

Poor performance all round.

• Advertisement

I see United have some fergie time here. 7 mins added time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

An improved second half performance,but how did Soldado and Lennon stay on the pitch for the full 90 mins without a change?

pure muck our only player who played well were ade rose and superjan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Very bad performance overall by the team.

Hope Ade isn't out for long.

Back to the drawing board :(

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

davycc wrote: »
    pure muck our only player who played well were ade rose and superjan

Thought Paulinho was alright considering just back from injury. Cracking first touch and great goal.

What a result for Stoke. Thought Mata was gonna get united back in title contention!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sick to death of Soldado now at this stage, not only is his finishing terrible but he is also a bottler. The really bad part is that we will get nothing near our money back if we tried to flog him in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The worry for me is the lack of motivation in Soldado and Lennon. TS really needs to do something to address that.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

What options do we have though?
    Defoe is gone in a month, Lamela is injured,so its either Soldado or Harry Kane at the minute.
    Is it a bit harsh to say that Soldado is another Rebrov??

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

After seeing soldado in Spain abit I really thought he'd bang them in here but unfortunately he's not cutting the mustard. Playing Eriksen on the left is a waste, he needs to be off the front guy. Also playing him left leaves rose exposed because he's constantly drifting in to get on the ball. I said this is what would earn TS his crust, getting them motivated and back on the winning trail. Who'd be a manager eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I believed all along that Soldado would come good. I am now beginning to doubt it.

Never thought I'd see the day when so many people would turn against Soldado. I was lambasted with hate for even thinking he wasn't up to the task!

Not that I'm glad. Would have preferred to have been proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

irishmover wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day when so many people would turn against Soldado. I was lambasted with hate for even thinking he wasn't up to the task!

Not that I'm glad. Would have preferred to have been proven wrong.
    He had a couple of good chances today but his attempts were pathetic in fairness.I can't see him bursting on to the scene with a load of goals any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Defo more than a hint of the Diego Forlan's of him now. Thought he would kick on after his hat trick but he was dropped a game or two later.

Going to be difficult getting any sort of return on the transfer fee unless he somehow makes it to the world cup and knocks in a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I was in a really pissed off mood yesterday. I don't think it was just because we drew with hull. I think it was reality biting. I had believed we were going to gel and blast off any moment. I believed that Soldado is class and would sooner or later start banging them in and most of all I believed we would get into the top four, sometimes even believing higher than fourth was very possible. Alas top four is now an outside chance. For many fans they may have already realised this but for me it all just kicked in yesterday. Had anybody said this to me before yesterday I would have accused them of not being a real fan and being just doomsayers.

All the optimism has just dropped away for this season and reality really does sting.

Time to buy a few good books to keep me going until next August. Then I can believe we will win the leage, next year of course. It'l be great, even if we lose the first game 6-0 we will only be 3 points off top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were only 2 points off fourth? Not 20? Liverpool drew to West Brom, they'll be plenty of twist's and turns yet. Probably going down to the wire, we could of done with another striker though. More goals from midfield will help greatly. The grease monkey Soldado might find some form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Were only 2 points off fourth? Not 20? Liverpool drew to West Brom, they'll be plenty of twist's and turns yet. Probably going down to the wire, we could of done with another striker though. More goals from midfield will help greatly. The grease monkey Soldado might find some form.

I keep saying that when Soldado starts scoring that he will be prolific. Lets hope that he starts scoring next Sunday against Everton. We are now 3 points behind Liverpool but with a goal difference which is another point. Liverpool have the scum next match so we could be level 4th this time next week. :D

Advertisement