Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long distance is it from O' Connell street to Dublin 9?

Options
  • 31-01-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Like how many mins on the bus/ taxi?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends where in Dublin 9 really.
    Anything from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on time of day and where in Dublin 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

spurious wrote: »
    Depends where in Dublin 9 really.
    Anything from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on time of day and where in Dublin 9.

It's in Furry Park, Santry, 5 mins from Dublin airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Google maps, "Get Directions".

Teach a man to fish... etc. :D

smcgiff wrote: »
    Google maps, "Get Directions".

Teach a man to fish... etc. :D

Bad at maps :/ anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Nelly1234 wrote: »
    It's in Furry Park, Santry, 5 mins from Dublin airport?

Is Furry Park not in Raheny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

15 mins in a taxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Bad at maps :/ anyone have any advice?

Have you tried Google maps? It's gives estimated travel times for cars and buses.

No offence to anyone that responded, but if it's important to you i.e. for interview I'd look to confirm for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is Furry Park not in Raheny?

Yep, Furry Park is just off the Howth Rd, a little bit north of Killester. OP, it is not near the airport, or Santry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is there not a Furry Park on the road between Santry and Swords too?, past the Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yep, Furry Park is just off the Howth Rd, a little bit north of Killester. OP, it is not near the airport, or Santry.

Furry park is the name of the industrial estate on the left handside passed the entrance for the crown plaza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Furry park is the name of the industrial estate on the left handside passed the entrance for the crown plaza

Never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Me neither. Fair play !

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Me neither. Fair play !

Used to play pitch and putt in there many moons ago !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Used to be a nice pitch and putt course there back in the day.

As for the OP's question, the 41 from Abbey Street should have you there in about 30-40 mins in normal traffic.

Used to play pitch and putt in there many moons ago !

17 was a great hole. Very short but tough to get over the 2 mounds and into the green.

17 was a great hole. Very short but tough to get over the 2 mounds and into the green.

there used to be 3 or 4 holes in the 2nd field. The 2nd hole in there used to be a great hole. Fairly long and rang the whole length of the field with the ditch on the left. Back then it was probably a 4iron, now probably a PW.

Guys thanks for the replies, anyone know can I get a bus to Furry industrial Park from airport? Also can you walk into the industrial park itself? ( sorry if this is coming across as a dumb question!!)

Thanks in advance!

Guys thanks for the replies, anyone know can I get a bus to Furry industrial Park from airport? Also can you walk into the industrial park itself? ( sorry if this is coming across as a dumb question!!)

Thanks in advance!

Any bus (41 etc.) going from the airport to town will pass by Fury Park. Get off just after you pass under the M50 flyover. It'll be between a 5 and 10 minute bus ride. And yes, you can walk into the industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

I once had a boss and when he was employing people gave them the wrong map so if they weren't on time they hadn't checked addtess in reality so didn't get job. !! You seem to be checking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

give yourself an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thanks in advance!

Both the 16 and 41 heading towards the city will take you there in about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Both the 16 and 41 will collect you from the doors of the airport, should be about 10-15 minutes depending on how busy the airport is. And also check out the front of the bus! You could find that the 41 is going to Swords.

The 33 and 41c are outside the airport on the main road, about an average of 10/15 minutes walk to get to their bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I once had a boss and when he was employing people gave them the wrong map so if they weren't on time they hadn't checked addtess in reality so didn't get job. !! You seem to be checking.

What an asshole, he sent people who were already nervous to the wrong address ! Like in fairness if he supplied them the map to HIS place there's kinda an assumption that he knows where he works and couldn't possibly be wrong.

Says more about your former boss than the candidates IMO.

Back on topic- OP if you are going to any industrial estate in Dublin always expect bad signage or no signage and an absolute maze of a place. I'd allow at least 20 minutes from the entrance to find where you need to be, some units could be a 15 minute walk from the entrance alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

What a very dumb way of judging employees.

Advertisement