Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2KW

Options
  • 31-01-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm working on an exhibition stand over the weekend and they have given me a 1000w power source. I have 12-15 items items that to be plugged in (computers, monitors), all just 13 amp.

They are given me the following

1 x double socket (combined total of 1000w / 2amps)

Sorry for my ignorance, but will this be enough power?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Just because a device has a 13A fuse in the plugtop does nto mean that it consumes 13A

Look at the nameplate on each device and you should be able to see how many watts it consumes.

You would need to be using quite a lot of computers (or some very old ones) to exceed 1kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

thanks for your help. wanted to make sure...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

do a rough tally

you could post up the equipment list and ratings here to get a rough idea

1kw could be tight enough if it's like 6 pcs

Ok I'll get the full list and check power outputs..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where's the show ? I've worked on a few different shows over the years and really they don't restrict you. The likes if the RDS you'll be grand

• Advertisement

It's in Amsterdam

ted1 wrote: »
    Where's the show ? I've worked on a few different shows over the years and really they don't restrict you. The likes if the RDS you'll be grand

i assume a lot of these places would.. to keep energy cost and loading down

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

i assume a lot of these places would.. to keep energy cost and loading down
    Its a guide line must places will just tap of a section a fed several stands. Ten stands might get 15kw capacity some will use more some less.

Can't guess what they use in amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I was involved with several exhibitions in the RDS as an exhibitor, the rules for power consumption are down to the organisers so vary from one show to the next. On one occasion I recall that there was an absolute ban on socket boards so you had to nominate exactly how many sockets you needed on your stand and they were laid on. I assume the reason was to prevent an exhibitor paying for just two sockets, then daisy-chaining a heap of socket boards out of them and overloading his circuit.

ted1 wrote: »
    Its a guide line must places will just tap of a section a fed several stands. Ten stands might get 15kw capacity some will use more some less.

Can't guess what they use in amsterdam

i thought maybe there might be a 2amp D type at each stand to restrict usage
    http://uk.farnell.com/merlin-gerin/c60hd202/mcb-2a-2pole-type-d/dp/1421168

prob less hassle to use it as a guideline

i'm not familiar with them anyhow

• Advertisement

So one is Amsterdam is giving 2kw
    I'm doing one in London at the end of the month and there only giving 1kw

Advertisement