Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day one Income Protection (quotes)

Options
  • 31-01-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm a new contractor (single, M32, No dependents) and I'm looking to provide some form of security to my work that's lost due to contracting.

I've identified Income Protection as the most important one due to my situation.

CWM Wealth Management have offered me the below quotes for day one income protection.

Can anyone advise me on the the value I am getting? I don't feel contacting my accountant is valuable because their company works in unison with CWM. I will also do some of my won research .

"Please find as follows quotes for three different levels of cover and I also attach the brochure which provides extra particulars on the cover:

The gross cost of €500 weekly benefit would be €69 per month so the net cost after tax relief of €40.71 per month.

The gross cost of €700 weekly benefit would be €96.60 per month so the net cost after tax relief of €56.99 per month.

The gross cost of €1,000 weekly benefit would be €138 per month so the net cost after tax relief of €81.42 per month"

Advertisement