Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield

Options
  • 31-01-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi All

Apologies if this has been asked before or if it is a stupid question.

My young fella bought Battlefield 4 for his XBox, he has the one with a 4gb internal flash drive and there is over 3gb of free space on it but it still won't let him play it. I have tried using a memory stick but that doesn't seem to work either. Does he have to buy an XBox external hard drive or will something else work?

Thanks

ChristyM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi All

Apologies if this has been asked before or if it is a stupid question.

My young fella bought Battlefield 4 for his XBox, he has the one with a 4gb internal flash drive and there is over 3gb of free space on it but it still won't let him play it. I have tried using a memory stick but that doesn't seem to work either. Does he have to buy an XBox external hard drive or will something else work?

Thanks

ChristyM

What was the issue with the memory stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Battlefield 4 on the Xbox 360 will come with two discs: one for multiplayer, the other for single player.

The first time you start your game, regardless of which disc you use, you will be asked to perform a required installation of 2 GB worth of game content to your hard drive.
    Note, the above-required and below-additional installations can only be installed on Xbox 360 hard disk drives, and cannot be installed to USB drives, or other alternative storage devices.
    Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on the Xbox 360 slim model's 4GB internal flash drive without an additional hard drive with a minimum of 2GB of space available. Hard drives are sold separately for the Xbox 360 slim, Arcade, and Core models.

You will have the option to accept the 2GB install or quit. Quitting will return you to the Xbox dashboard, and you will not be able to play Battlefield 4.

As with many Xbox 360 titles, in addition to the required installation each disc can be installed to your hard drive to minimize game disc access and improve load times.

These additional installations are not required, but doing so can further improve and speed up your Battlefield 4 experience.
    The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
    The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content
    Note: Be sure you install the mandatory installation content before you try installing each game disc’s content.
    If you do try to install the optional disc-content before the required game data installation, your install will stop before completion, and ask you to install again.
    If your install does fail due to installing content in the incorrect order, your second or subsequent attempts at installing the required content should complete successfully.

http://www.gamefront.com/ea-battlefield-4-will-not-work-on-4gb-xbox-360-s/

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Stab*City wrote: »
    Battlefield 4 on the Xbox 360 will come with two discs: one for multiplayer, the other for single player.

The first time you start your game, regardless of which disc you use, you will be asked to perform a required installation of 2 GB worth of game content to your hard drive.
    Note, the above-required and below-additional installations can only be installed on Xbox 360 hard disk drives, and cannot be installed to USB drives, or other alternative storage devices.
    Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on the Xbox 360 slim model's 4GB internal flash drive without an additional hard drive with a minimum of 2GB of space available. Hard drives are sold separately for the Xbox 360 slim, Arcade, and Core models.

You will have the option to accept the 2GB install or quit. Quitting will return you to the Xbox dashboard, and you will not be able to play Battlefield 4.

As with many Xbox 360 titles, in addition to the required installation each disc can be installed to your hard drive to minimize game disc access and improve load times.

These additional installations are not required, but doing so can further improve and speed up your Battlefield 4 experience.
    The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
    The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content
    Note: Be sure you install the mandatory installation content before you try installing each game disc’s content.
    If you do try to install the optional disc-content before the required game data installation, your install will stop before completion, and ask you to install again.
    If your install does fail due to installing content in the incorrect order, your second or subsequent attempts at installing the required content should complete successfully.

http://www.gamefront.com/ea-battlefield-4-will-not-work-on-4gb-xbox-360-s/

Thanks for that Stab*City. I had come across it but I was hoping there was some way around it. Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I also had a similar problem with battlefield 3 not installing the HD content on the 4gb 360.. I just didnt bother in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ChristyM wrote: »
    Thanks for that Stab*City. I had come across it but I was hoping there was some way around it. Maybe not.

BF4 is one of the strange games that actually requires a HD to play it, you will have to buy him a HD as it won't run properly off a memory unit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Fieldog wrote: »
    BF4 is one of the strange games that actually requires a HD to play it, you will have to buy him a HD as it won't run properly off a memory unit...

Thanks for that Fieldog

• Registered Users Posts: 1 frag0

This was actually helpful to me thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Navy Seals

what do people think of the new game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You can 60 or 120 gb hard drives on adverts for less than €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thread locked, as it's a dead thread. Anyone wishing to discuss Battlefield can do so over in the Xbox Gaming thread, or else the full on Battlefield forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement